Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    So the reason I am posting this is because a buddy of mine also has a pre, and after noticing that the PRL was the same as mine has been (31408) I tried an update to the PRL on his phone through the phone app -> Preferences -> Update PRL. It worked, and updated his phone to 31414, and when I try to do it on mine, which is on 31408, it just says "No PRL Update Available" with a little checkmark next to it. Anybody else have issues with this? What PRL do you have on Bell?
    Same for me - I have the same version you do and no update available.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    yeah, I'm gonna try to doctor it tonight and see if it's some patch that's blocking it.
    I removed all patches in preparation of the hardware swap tomorrow and it still won't let me...I doubt it's a patch...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Indeed. I just did a doctor with 1.4.1, followed by a full secure erase, and another doctor to boot (tried after each time) and my phone's PRL refuses to update to the latest 31414, and still says there's No PRL Update Available (check). Really annoyed that the OTA doesn't work, and tries to tell me it does. Gonna visit a Bell store and see if they can force it somehow.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Proof of 31414 PRL on the other phone (not mine):
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9051/cimg0001x.jpg

Anybody know a way to force the update?
    Last edited by staeit; 05/19/2010 at 02:38 PM.
    I just successfully updated my PRL to 31414... No issues.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    OK so after doing a WebOS doctor, full secure erase, talking to Palm Support, and going to the Bell Store, I was able to find a solution. I was given the number 8773282123 (toll free bell tech support) to dial, and was advised that the PRL update had not been automatically pushed to my phone. The tech told me that the update had been pushed and had me try again, and I am now on 31414 which is the latest PRL update.
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    OK so after doing a WebOS doctor, full secure erase, talking to Palm Support, and going to the Bell Store, I was able to find a solution. I was given the number 8773282123 (toll free bell tech support) to dial, and was advised that the PRL update had not been automatically pushed to my phone. The tech told me that the update had been pushed and had me try again, and I am now on 31414 which is the latest PRL update.
    I don't get the update as well
    However, I don't even know what the PRL update is for? I know it's "preferred Roaming List" or whatever, but is it necessary?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Preferred Roaming List - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In all honesty it's a very minor update, and will make little difference. The main difference it has is when you are outside the home area and need to roam to connect. I mainly wanted it cause a coworker of mine was able to get it, and I didn't see any reason I shouldn't have it also.