1.    #1  
    I moved to the Pixi and am now about to sell my Pre to someone. I sold it on craigslist and I'm meeting them later today to do the sell. They want to be able to test it out first but if I do a full erase of the phone how will they be able to test it out? It won't have service so they won't be able to create their palm profile right? Any advice on the best way to do this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    The phone will still have service. They'll have to create a palm profile (which can be a throwaway they never use again). They'll be asked to link to Google for contacts, mail, etc.. (or Yahoo, I suppose), but they don't have to, I suppose.
    When they're done, they can Full Erase again and it's back to square one again
    But, as the long as the phone has been activated with the carrier, it stays active until it's purposefully de-activated
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  3.    #3  
    it has no data though because my pixi is now on that account. There is no EV signal. Still ok?
    Why not let them test it and if the sale is a "Go" then do the full erase?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    Why not let them test it and if the sale is a "Go" then do the full erase?
    that might be the best way.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    If you transferred the number/account to the new Pixi, then you're right - no service (data or voice, probably (Except 911, which is not the best way to test the phone, I guess)).

Go with Coolgreany's plan
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    if you do a full erase, they wont be able to do anything because it will require service...

Leave everything on it, and just create a dummy palm profile. That will make it possible for them to use wifi and local functions - basically it will be an iPod Touch...
    if you do a full erase, they wont be able to do anything because it will require service...

Leave everything on it, and just create a dummy palm profile. That will make it possible for them to use wifi and local functions - basically it will be an iPod Touch...
  9.    #9  
    thanks everyone! If I could thank you from my pixi I would.
    You can do a full erase of all your data and info, but still leave the phone services active. It is how I would do it. I would not allow anyone I don't know to have access to my personal info