1.    #1  
    Is there any reason why the pre can only play a few mp3 files and not all? I only have about 200 songs, all are in the mp3 format, I can see them all, and their album art and stuff, but the pre just doesnt play it...help? :/

Its the new Palm Pre Plus from ATT in case that info is needed...
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I've seen this issue going all the way back to 650/680 days. As well as on WM phones also. Typically it's a MP3 that is malformed in the beginning with incorrect data. Some MP3 players won't get past it while others have no issues. I've run them through something like MP3 doctor and it fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel90x View Post
    Is there any reason why the pre can only play a few mp3 files and not all? I only have about 200 songs, all are in the mp3 format, I can see them all, and their album art and stuff, but the pre just doesnt play it...help? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel90x View Post

Mine does this too, I havent been able to find an answer. Assuming your situation is the same as mine this is what happens:

You start playing one song, and it plays the next few down the line and then all of the sudden doesnt start the next one. When you look at the song it shows 0:00 for the time being played. The pause button is showing, so you know it's trying to play it, but you get nothing.

Sound somewhat the same?

Also, just to verify it wasn't the MP3, I tried playing the same song at a later time and it worked.
  4.    #4  
    Yup, that's exactly what happens to me hybrid...its really annoying :/

I'll definitely try the mp3 doctor, allonon, thanks
  5.    #5  
    I wonder if it has anything to with the way its encoded, The music that wouldnt play was in mp3 CBR (constant bitrate) But when i encoded them all into VBR (Varible Bit Rate), So far, 40 out of 201 songs are playing just fine, and the ones that didnt play are playing now. Just a little tip, Hybrid AWD should try and encode your mp3s into VBR and then try to see if they work, i wanna make sure its not just an isolated incident.
    Also, the Pre won't play DRM protected files. I've run into that issue before and it drove me crazy until someone informed me
    drm is one issoe because you can't tell if they are protected by the format indicator, but .mp3 isn't a protected format. Try convertin them to .mp4 in itunes, realplayer, etc. See if the pre likes that better.