1.    #1  
    On my Palm Pre, a message popped up I have never seen before - I bought the Palm Pre about 2 weeks after it came out. The message says "Preparing to update...Please do not dismiss dashboard". I tapped on the message to open it up to see more details and nothing happened. Does anyone know what the message means? Any help would be appreiated. I have not swiped off the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissfan1960 View Post
    On my Palm Pre, a message popped up I have never seen before - I bought the Palm Pre about 2 weeks after it came out. The message says "Preparing to update...Please do not dismiss dashboard". I tapped on the message to open it up to see more details and nothing happened. Does anyone know what the message means? Any help would be appreiated. I have not swiped off the message.
    What carrier do you have? Two weeks could be last year in June for Sprint, all the way to 1 week into the future for AT&T (and a number of dates in between).

It sounds though like you are getting a WebOS update.

Have you doctored lately or had it serviced by your carrier.
    I had a similar situation and finally discovered that it was from a sports ap that i had installed. it seems that it was trying to update the socre in the background... could not get it to go away, decided I was using it anys and removed that ap. Problem went away with that removal. Sorry I don't remember the ap name.
    Dr Podder uses a similar dashboard notification (that you rarely if ever see), when saving where you were at in a podcast. Could be an app, what kind of apps do you have installed?