View Poll Results: What kind of case? Or one at all?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Case

28 31.46%
  • No Case w/ invisheild

20 22.47%
  • Hard Case

12 13.48%
  • Rubber/Soft Case

4 4.49%
  • Pocket Pouch

10 11.24%
  • Leather Case

15 16.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So do you have a case or no case on your pre?
    If you have a case what kind?
    If you dont do you have a invisheild/ghost armor on it?

I personally use the pocket pouch it came with, with an invisheild on its screen. I like my phone to be a thing of beauty when i pull it out, i hate it looking like a brick with a case.
    I use a small generic cellphone case with belt clip made by CaseLogic, which I purchased at WalMart. Works great.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    For now I'm using the Pocket pouch that came with the Pre Plus since I just got it. The design makes me not want to use a case, but I'm also afraid to ding it up from dropping so I'm sure I'll end up with one.
    I got a free hardcase from att that's compatible with the touchstone. The phones protected and doesn't look half bad either
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
    I shelled out for a Noreve leather case designed for the Pre, on the grounds that sooner or later I'll drop it. Opening it to gain access to the Pre is very quick. Drawback: you can't plug in the power cord unless you slide open the phone, and to do this you must open the case.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I actually have the phone in a Body Glove and I use a leather belt case.
    I put it in my pocket with the original suede pouch for 5 months. I never developed any oreo at all.

I recently purchased a plastic belt clip, because I listen to podcasts frequently and I'm paranoid of breaking the headset plug when I sit down. I hate looking so geekish though, so I've been adding shirts with pockets to my wardrobe and carrying it in the suede pouch when wearing one of those.

I bought the leather belt clip case when it was on sale at Radio Shack, but returned it because they didn't build in a space for the headset jack.

I did add a Skinomi TechSkin when it was new. I'm sure the screen is perfect underneath it, and the skin still looks great too (6 months in use).

I just lost the USB cover! No longer perfect ):
    i switch back and forth.

i have the bodyglove case that snaps onto the pre. nice rugged look and it protects the phone, but it's a brick while in the pocket.

without the case the phone is stunning (i like the glossy pebble look), feels great in the pockets, and gets attention from folks. however, if you rock it nekkid, don't set it on the face of the phone. hairline scratches don't look to well.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    however, if you rock it nekkid, don't set it on the face of the phone. hairline scratches don't look to well.
    Yeah i learned that the hard way with my BB Pearl 8120 (actually my first smartphone) I had no case, no shield. Everytime i got a text it scratched the screen or battery door. Looked pretty ugly when i was finished with it.
    Although i ended up going to cnn.cn and getting new parts

Quote Originally Posted by SharkeyHerald View Post
    on the grounds that sooner or later I'll drop it.
    Im most positive i will drop it, but i just hate how phones look with a case (especially the pre and bold 9700). Im prepared for the worst. Lets just hope i drop it on the carpet and not the cement .
    I use a seidio innocase in an Krussel Horizon holster, with a generic ebay screen protector.

IMO, the innocase really needs some stronger plastic clips that hold it on, they break all the time. But it does work with the TS.
    I have the otter box case and a full invisheild ( it was cheaper then just the screen protector) and just put it in my pocket.... I love every bit of it... But I never use the touchstone just usb charging.
    had the seidio case for awhile, but a tab broke off, so now I use the AGF case..

as for size, its a bit bulkier, but I prefer it to a wobbly phone rattling around in my pocket. If the pre had no oreo or even oreo concerns I probably wouldn't have bothered with a case. This is the first phone I've owned that needed such a thing in my opinion.
  13.    #13  
    Strange that "no case" is in first. I would be so anal if my screen got a scratch on my screen.
    I usually get a screen protector and a hard case, but this time around I bought an extended battery (Mugen 3800) and there are no hard cases compatible. I think I might get the invisi-sheild on the front and see what I can do for the back...

Anyone with an extended battery come up with a protection solution? (other than seidio)
    Last edited by Treiz; 05/18/2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: add question
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    I usually get a screen protector and a hard case, but this time around I bought an extended battery (Mugen 3800) and there are no hard cases compatible. I think I might get the invisi-sheild on the front and see what I can do for the back...

Anyone with an extended battery come up with a protection solution? (other than seidio)
    Zagg gave a invisible shield that a full one front and back. It might not wrap completely around with a Mugen 3800 like it does with the stock battery and back but it should work.
    I have a best skins ever on the front, touchstone back & I'm using the 'sleeping bag'. I used to use the palm slide case w/ no skin and it actually started to put fine scratches on the screen from rubbing on the ribbon
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I just ordered the Verizon OEM hard case (compatible with the Touchtone charger) and the Skinomi shield but haven't fully decided yet whether I am going to put them on. For now I keep the phone in an old Brookstone Gyms.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    My pre is naked, less the basic screen protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    So do you have a case or no case on your pre?
    If you have a case what kind?
    If you dont do you have a invisheild/ghost armor on it?

I personally use the pocket pouch it came with, with an invisheild on its screen. I like my phone to be a thing of beauty when i pull it out, i hate it looking like a brick with a case.
    You should have a Clip Choice on your Poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I use a small generic cellphone case with belt clip made by CaseLogic, which I purchased at WalMart. Works great.
    Same one I use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast