1.    #1  
    Hiya peeps,
    after using my O2 GSM Pre now for six months, I'm thinking of doctoring my phone, to get everything running again: a theme cannot be uninstalled, several patches not installed and generally it's laggy from time to time even with 720 MHz.

I want to start over as clean as possible, so the optimal solution would probably be a Full Erase, doctoring with a Doctor pre-1.3.5 (as the successors do tend to leave corrupt patches, etc) and finally doctoring to 1.4.1.

Now, my problem is the following: the earliest O2 Doctor I possess is 1.3.5.2. I have obtained a Sprint 1.2.0 Doctor, hence I could wipe it with that, since at that stage the doctor didn't version check. My fear however is, that the O2 1.4.1 doctor will deny updating the Sprint 1.2.0 firmware later on and I am stuck with Sprint 1.2.0 or even 1.4.1. If somebody could Point Me into the right direction to start over as clean as possible, it would be highly appreciated.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Why do you need to go through that process? Just use the 1.4.1 doctor straight up.

You using RebelSIM?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Think the only change is the internal storage isn't erased. He did mention doing a full erase first then doctor. That should be clean enough.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

4.    #4  
    Well, maybe it's too much of a hassle. I just recall during my last 6 months of PC and nexave lurking, that I read somewhere, that this method is the safest bet, as wiping isn't as easy as fdisking the phone. At least not, if you want the doctor to recognize it.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    The doctor can always recognize if you hold the Volume Up button with the phone off, then plug the USB cable. That sends it into Bootie and everything will be wiped.

Just use the latest.

1. Do a Full Erase from Device
    2. After full erase is complete, don't bother signing into your profile yet. Go straight to WebDr by using the volume up to get the USB symbol and start the WebDr.

You'll take your device back to factory settings, clean from patches, etc.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Just use the latest.

1. Do a Full Erase from Device
    2. After full erase is complete, don't bother signing into your profile yet. Go straight to WebDr by using the volume up to get the USB symbol and start the WebDr.

You'll take your device back to factory settings, clean from patches, etc.
    Just what I was looking for.

I figured I'd start over for the kick of it.

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.