1.    #1  
    Well, after the 1.4.1.1 update, I don't have "double keys" anymore on my VZW Pre Plus. But I still have a problem with skipped keys.

Even if you press a key solidly, it often won't register. You need to hit it again, or sometimes even a third time.

Other times, the key is delayed, so you think you missed it and you hit it again -- and a split second later, you get a double entry.

I cannot tell whether it's a hardware or software issue, but it's VERY annoying. My Sprint Pre didn't have this problem, and as a result of all the keyboard issues on the Verizon Pre Plus, my typing speed is much slower as a result.

I've swapped the unit twice and every VZW Pre Plus I've had to date has suffered from KB issues, so I don't think another swap would make a difference.

Has anybody fixed this, or am I going to have to resign myself to having a slow, slow text input on this phone?
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I can say that the recent software updates have eliminated my keyboard problem. After the software update, however, I did install the original kernel in Preware and then upgrade to SuperKernel and Govnah. I never have a double type issue anymore and rarely have a missed key.
    I went through 5 Pre Plus's and they all had KB issues. Its hardware.
    is it the same key(s) skipping? I found that my 'b' key skipped more often than not. If it was the 'z' or 'x' I could have lived with it. I had VZ replace it and this one is perfect.
    My wife and I have gone through several Pre-Plus's (Verizon). The software updates helped, but didn't fix it (I think they added a de-bounce delay), and the buttons are different with different phones which makes me think a combination of hardware and software. Still get skipped letters.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I don't really get skipped *letters* after the fix. I definitely don't get the reeeeepeeeeaaaated letterrrrrrrrsssss like I used to (mine were particularly horrible), but now the grey/alt/symbol (whatever the square key is supposed to be) key will skip all the time.

As a result, I'll often have a word end in "n" instead of "?" or "j" instead of "!"

This has been a problem on my current (literally, perfect-knock-on-wood) Pre+ and the last one I had. It was definitely an initial hardware problem, corrected/overcorrected on software.
    My o key has to be pressed with inward pressure for it to work. Very frustating, wondering if I should replace my plus or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    My o key has to be pressed with inward pressure for it to work. Very frustating, wondering if I should replace my plus or not.
    Yes, you should call your carrier's support center and get it replaced. IMHO

The only thing you have to make sure of is that you are running the most current webOS (1.4.1.1 or equivalent) and NOT running an older overclocked kernel (based on 1.4.0) because there was apparently a bug (on VZ at least) that caused keyboard skipping and duplicates.

Also pay attention to see if it is always the same one (or few) keys giving you problems... That indicates it is a hardware issue.

If you are using the latest webOS and kernel and still have issues with skipping keys, have it replaced.

If it is not consistently the same keys, or your webOS and/or overclock kernel are not up to date - fix those issues and see if your problems go away...

I had massive keyboard issues before 1.4.1.1 and once that update came out - I had only one issue with the 'b' key skipping frequently. They replaced the phone and I couldn't be happier with the build quality and performance of the refurb they sent me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    If it's just a single key I would keep your phone. You're taking a gamble with getting an exchange that has worse keyboard problems (or other physical quality issues) than you do now. Frankly, the Pre has some of the worst quality control I've ever come across in electronics sold outside drug stores (i.e. total crap devices). It's so bad I'm beyond disgusted. Why oh why is the prepaid $10 Samsung phone I just bought have way superior key feel and quality over my Pre Plus?
    I don't agree unless it's the 'x' or 'z' key...