1.    #1  
    This is kinda getting ridiculous, and realizing that the Plus has double the memory, I hope the rumors are true that Sprint is replacing the regular Pre with that, cause I know I'll be waiting a while then making a TEP claim. After about a day of usage, maybe jumping into Preware, I have Wallpaper Switcharoo, Glass Theme, and Facebook app...anyway, after that day of usage even trying to open Asphalt 5 results in "Sorry, too many cards open" with absolutely nothing else open. Thanks Palm for having such crappy memory holes. I barely use any services/patches otherwise now even. Still, the same.
    lots of threads about this already. Try using JSTop - garbage collect and set your device to restart regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    lots of threads about this already. Try using JSTop - garbage collect and set your device to restart regularly.
    I have JStop set on auto-collect. It reduces but does not eliminate these errors altogether. I got one this very morning while just having the Engadget app and two browser windows open (one on Google News, the other on a Google News story).

HP/Palm will likely never fix this for the 1 million or so WebOS devices that will always be crippled with 256MB of RAM. I've mostly made my peace with it.
    Once I got JStop and Overclocking I havent seem that very much. I did see it more when I had themes installed though.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    I agree. A year ago 256 MB was a lot of ram. Now, it's just not cutting it. I've had this pre since the day they came out on Sprint. I'll be up for an upgrade soon, so as soon as the new webOS device comes out I'll be upgrading to it and I'm sure that will have more ram. If it ends up being too long for new hardware on Sprint, I'll be very sad and start looking around at android, which really sucks.
    I have the original Pre and there will be a patch out soon enough to fix this. Just be patient. It's not that hard anyway to just do a Luna Restart. It takes about 30 seconds or less...
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    There were some reports that wallpaper switcheroo has a memory leak that can cause TMC errors to be worse than they would have been
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    I have the original Pre and there will be a patch out soon enough to fix this. Just be patient. It's not that hard anyway to just do a Luna Restart. It takes about 30 seconds or less...
    A patch? Got any more details on that? And yeah, a luna restart is fine, unless you can't get luna manager to load to do it. Plus that is stupid that we have to have that kind of a fix. If I have NOTHING open, I SHOULD NOT get the too many cards error. Clearly a memory leak, and it happens almost daily. Mostly an issue with 3D games (asphalt5, nfsu, let's golf, etc...). I almost never get the issue just running regular apps.
  9.    #9  
    Wow! Thanks for the suggestion of JStop, seems like an incredibly useful app, I put it on Auto, right after NFS was ended by me it activated and cleaned it up. Highly, HIGHLY useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    There were some reports that wallpaper switcheroo has a memory leak that can cause TMC errors to be worse than they would have been
    That's my experience with Switcharoo. I only switch wallpapers manually now. I still get the TMC message, but only temporarily, when running apps that have big memory requirements.
    yeah jstop does help a bit...and also don't forget that the pre is like a mini computer...and ALL computers need to be rebooted once in a while. try downloading "reboot scheduler", with it u can set your pre to reboot daily at any set time (i set it for 4am when i'm usually asleep). using this together with jstop i haven't had the too many card error in a looooong time, and i play 3d games almost daily and am constantly using the web and apps.