Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last night I had my pre replaced at sprint( great service by the way), I reloaded my Palm Profile there at the store and was on my way home. I made one call on the way home to my wife and everything worked fine. Got home reinstalled all of the goodies Preware ext... Now this mourning when making a call all I get it static through the ear piece and on the other persons phone as well. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this before I make the 40 mile drive again. I have pull the battery and did just a restart. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    It sounds like a hardware failure....

(sorry it's not the answer you wanted to hear/read)
    try doctoring your phone and see if that fix!
  4.    #4  
    I'm not going to doctor it, I'm probably going to throw it threw sprints front door window. Great quality didn't even last 8 hours.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I'm not going to doctor it, I'm probably going to throw it threw sprints front door window. Great quality didn't even last 8 hours.
    Great idea. I hope you won't be mourning your decision to throw it threw the window.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  6.    #6  
    Naw I'm too nice for that, just a little upset that I have had to drive 160 miles now total to get this fixed.
    check the microphone hole. blow in it, make sure there is no dirt in it, etc.
    Naw I'm too nice for that, just a little upset that I have had to drive 160 miles now total to get this fixed.
    So...everything worked well until you used Preware to customize your phone, and now it's not working so you blame Sprint and Palm. Makes perfect sense. Maybe you should demand that Sprint set up a store next to you so that when you modify your phone using patches that may cause harm to your phone, especially if user error is involved, you won't have to driver sooooo far out of your way to return a product you chose to buy from them that malfunctioned after you patched it. Or call for a repairman to rush to your home to give you instant tech support.
    Either way, I thank you for your complaints. Very constructive.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by nulsul View Post
    check the microphone hole. blow in it, make sure there is no dirt in it, etc.
    Just like your old Contra games!

Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Just like your old Contra games!
    my phone exhibited these symptoms on day two... and blowing on it worked
    Last night I had my pre replaced at sprint( great service by the way), ...
    Huh? You went from "great service by the way" to "throw it threw sprints front door window" over that?

Things break. Sprint doesn't manufacture the phone, they're the middle man. They're probably almost as frustrated by you having to return it as you are.

Take it back. Politely ask them if they can get you a new one instead of a refurb. Then enjoy your phone (whichever one you end up with), but most importantly relax!!!
    Had the same problem recently on a new phone, got it replaced. Tried all the suggestions and nothing worked. Sprint support told me they had not experienced that before. It was not a headset problem because music worked, everything else worked, the cell just had a crackling sound, Sprint support got it on their end when they tried to call me too. Good luck.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    I will say that since it only happened after you added preware and patches, have you tried taking them back off and seeing if it still happens. Yes it is likely hardware and has nothing to do with the patches, but troubleshooting 101 would be to undo what you did since it last worked.
    Last night I had my pre replaced at sprint( great service by the way), I reloaded my Palm Profile there at the store and was on my way home. I made one call on the way home to my wife and everything worked fine. Got home reinstalled all of the goodies Preware ext... Now this mourning when making a call all I get it static through the ear piece and on the other persons phone as well. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this before I make the 40 mile drive again. I have pull the battery and did just a restart. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I have had issues with static as well. I originally thought it was with a patch or something but I think it might be related to how the phone is answered or something. I seem to only get static when I speak the same time as the other person. Is anyone else having this happen?
  15.    #15  
    Yes I pulled everything off and still had the problem, I even did a full erase. I went today and said it was a hardware failure. They handed me a refurb again and you could twist the two case halves a good 1/4" and this is not exaggerating. I handed it right back and they ended up giving me a new one. And I am fairly confident it was not patch related I have ran those same patches for nine months with out a problem. I replaced the device for a cracked screen.
    Yes I pulled everything off and still had the problem, I even did a full erase. I went today and said it was a hardware failure. They handed me a refurb again and you could twist the two case halves a good 1/4" and this is not exaggerating. I handed it right back and they ended up giving me a new one. And I am fairly confident it was not patch related I have ran those same patches for nine months with out a problem. I replaced the device for a cracked screen.
    Way to stand your ground. Congratulations on the NEW Pre.
    (posting mobile so I cannot see your location)

you by any chance went to the Pasadena, CA store on colorado?

I just returned my refurb pre literallly last night due to the static noise during a call. - it was a loose cable or something, bc when you press down on the front, near the gesture area, the noise goes away.

anyhow, yes it's a hardware defect, and I picked up another refurb last night.

(this is now my 5th or so refurb. To be honest I lost count)
  18.    #18  
    I had my 2nd pre for 9 months and the screen cracked. I then went through the two refurbs until this new one (which still has problems).
  19.    #19  
    ok now i have a problem, I love my pre again. This new one had a small Oreo and a gap at the top that I could stick a quarter in. So being I was going to be going to the evo in three weeks I got feed up and took it apart (I am fairly electronic savvy being an electrical and driveability tech) to try and fix it. In my phones case it was not the slider rail that everyone else says that causes it, it was was the mirror on the back which is part of the slider mech. I put a little bend in so that is laid perfectly flush with the back slider and my phone is completely fixed.

I would not recommend this for the average person it was rather difficult to remove the keyboard bezel.

Oh yeah the problem was is that was going to get the evo and give my wife the pre. But now I may not be able to part with it.
    ok now i have a problem, I love my pre again. This new one had a small Oreo and a gap at the top that I could stick a quarter in. So being I was going to be going to the evo in three weeks I got feed up and took it apart (I am fairly electronic savvy being an electrical and driveability tech) to try and fix it. In my phones case it was not the slider rail that everyone else says that causes it, it was was the mirror on the back which is part of the slider mech. I put a little bend in so that is laid perfectly flush with the back slider and my phone is completely fixed.

I would not recommend this for the average person it was rather difficult to remove the keyboard bezel.

Oh yeah the problem was is that was going to get the evo and give my wife the pre. But now I may not be able to part with it.
    you have made a right choice... This evo is going to disappoint a lot of people in the long run. ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast