Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Has anyone had any more luck with O2, they told me that the usb crack would not be covered and was my fault, it has now spread on to the screen.
    I had a power button failure on my Pre back in August. I took it into the O2 show where they happily sent it away for repair. When I heard back (about 2 weeks later) they were saying it was an 'out of warrantee' repaire at > 100.

I pointed out that I had only had the phone for 9 months and it most certainly was not out of warrantee and that I would not be paying for it. After some discussion with the repair centre they rang it through as a discount to the repair and authorised it.

When I went to collect it (another week later) I had the same charade, being told it had not been repaired. I pointed out that this contradicted what I had been told and that I would have no choice but to cancel my contract if they couldn't supply a working phone. The sales assistant was swiftly swapped with one who knew what they were doing and they checked and found it had been repaired and there was nothing to pay.

My advice would be to stand firm that the damage was not due to poor handling but rather poor manufacture (it is for them to prove otherwise I believe), that you won't be paying for the repair and that if they can't supply a working phone your contract is void and your want to cancel. You hold the cards here, they want your money after all.

EDIT: I should add that I only got a replacement Pre from the repair shop. It has a different IMEI so it is not a repair but no Pre+ going this route. Not that that bothers me, I don't find the Pre restrictive and rarely get the no more cards problem. I do have a 3rd party insurance through my bank account but chose not to use it.
    Last edited by andyhurley; 09/29/2010 at 09:54 AM.
    This may sound untrue but to some people but I have never dropped my pre, I am very careful when it comes to phones as I know 02 are ****e at support from previous windows phones that have gone wrong.

I have the little crack appear about two weeks ago and then this week the screen now has only what I can describe as white ish burn marks on the same side as where the small crack appeared, is this maybe a coincidence or it could be a design fault not sure.

So I called 02 and they said I can have it sent back to them for a repair but I would have to wait for a courier to come and collect it from my house who only come between Monday and Friday so I got to take a day off work for them to collect it and then wait for it to be repaired if they can, not sure what to do any advice? Apart from that nothing wrong with my phone and it still works as normal, it was sent in March 2010 to me.
    My launch Pre had the power button failure last month. I'm a business user so I had no problem with O2 as I am entitled to a 24 hour handset replacement.
    Last edited by Teso Dos Bichos; 10/02/2010 at 06:32 PM.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Well I wasn't happy with the phone conversation with 02 so I emailed them instead and got this reply...

Hello

Thanks for getting in touch about your Palm Pre. I'm sorry to know about
    the crack on your Palm Pre.

I've checked from your account and you'll be happy to know that your
    Palm Pre is covered under 12 months of manufacturer's warranty. I'd
    request you to get your Palm Pre checked by visiting any O2 store.
    They'll be able to help you with the repair/replacement of your Palm
    Pre.

I'm afraid we don't have any reported fault with the Palm Pre phones.

You can find your nearest store by calling us 0800 224 477. We're
    open Monday to Saturday between 9am and 5:30pm and on Sunday between
    11am and 4pm.

Calls are free of charge from an O2 mobile and UK registered Fixed line
    phone. You can also find your nearest store by visiting the link below:

Store Locations - About O2 - O2

I realize this isn?t the answer you were looking for but I hope I?ve
    explained everything clearly to you.

Regards

Amit
    O2 Customer Service.

So I am gonna back everything up and pop along to my 02 store and see what they say!
    Shows you how much o2 know, the pre has a 24 month warranty!
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    So I am gonna back everything up and pop along to my 02 store and see what they say!
    Let us know how you get on, as I've got the same problem and I'm thinking about getting a Pre Plus shortly when I reach my O2 12month anniversary, so if I could get my original Pre replaced with a new one first that would be a bonus
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  7.    #27  
    Finally got round to taking mine back and was told I've gotta to pay 101 for repair as the usb crack is not a known fault. Not sure where to go from here as still got a year to go on my contract but don't want to pay that for a repaired phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    Well I wasn't happy with the phone conversation with 02 so I emailed them instead and got this reply...

Hello

Thanks for getting in touch about your Palm Pre. I'm sorry to know about
    the crack on your Palm Pre.

I've checked from your account and you'll be happy to know that your
    Palm Pre is covered under 12 months of manufacturer's warranty. I'd
    request you to get your Palm Pre checked by visiting any O2 store.
    They'll be able to help you with the repair/replacement of your Palm
    Pre.

I'm afraid we don't have any reported fault with the Palm Pre phones.

You can find your nearest store by calling us 0800 224 477. We're
    open Monday to Saturday between 9am and 5:30pm and on Sunday between
    11am and 4pm.

Calls are free of charge from an O2 mobile and UK registered Fixed line
    phone. You can also find your nearest store by visiting the link below:

Store Locations - About O2 - O2

I realize this isn?t the answer you were looking for but I hope I?ve
    explained everything clearly to you.

Regards

Amit
    O2 Customer Service.

Hi there, my bro got a pre together with mine, he's pre has a massive oreo effect, and that interferes with screen connection(i suppose ) hes still 1 year to go on contract, hes not a business customer on o2, and they will not replace it. just wondered if you could give me the customer services email address , could not find it anywhere. lets see what they say, cuz o2 shop manager was useless and rude just a bit a complaint
    I have two email addresses -

o2selectcustomerservice@o2mail.co.uk or mycare@o2mail.co.uk

But if I recall I went through the O2 website https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Finally got round to taking mine back and was told I've gotta to pay 101 for repair as the usb crack is not a known fault. Not sure where to go from here as still got a year to go on my contract but don't want to pay that for a repaired phone.
    Fire off an email to Palm UK explaining the crack and that O2 won't assist you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12