1.    #1  
    Why am I constantly getting these crazy error messages throughout the week saying my email account is locked out, and I need to log in and unlock my various Gmail and MSN Live accounts? Even after I unlock the accounts, the same problem will occur again in a matter of days, and keep on reoccurring. This is getting frustrating. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    You've been phished, my friend. Log in to those accounts, change your passwords, and ignore those eMails.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    You've been phished, my friend. Log in to those accounts, change your passwords, and ignore those eMails.
    I believe they're referring to the prompts to re-enter the login information from the Pre itself. Especially, since I get the same prompts on about a weekly basis.

I also have a similar issue with my gTalk account on the computer. I only log in once a week when I get to work, leaving it open the rest of the week. Every week, I have to log into Gmail before it'll let me connect in Astra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenx View Post
    I believe they're referring to the prompts to re-enter the login information from the Pre itself. Especially, since I get the same prompts on about a weekly basis.

I also have a similar issue with my gTalk account on the computer. I only log in once a week when I get to work, leaving it open the rest of the week. Every week, I have to log into Gmail before it'll let me connect in Astra.
    Ah. My mistake. My apologies. I have not experienced this with 2 POP, 1 gMail, 1 AOL, and 1 EAS account. Good luck to you.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I have been getting this locked message a lot lately with my Gmail account.
    I noticed that the problem only happens when I am using Sprint (or roaming) data services. If I am connected to WiFi, the problem doesn't happen.

On a whim, I changed my Gmail settings from SSL to TLS. This should have made no difference, but it has. See if you are using SSL and try TLS if you are.
    I have been experiencing lockouts for months, very annoying, specially with the stupid unreadable google graphics you are supposed to read.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    I have been getting this locked message a lot lately with my Gmail account.
    I noticed that the problem only happens when I am using Sprint (or roaming) data services. If I am connected to WiFi, the problem doesn't happen.

On a whim, I changed my Gmail settings from SSL to TLS. This should have made no difference, but it has. See if you are using SSL and try TLS if you are.

How exactly can I change Gmail settings from SSL to TLS ? Do I do this through my Pre cell phone, or through Gmail desktop app?

I get these annoying messages on my Pre cell phone constantly for all my various accounts (eg: MSN Live, Yahoo, Gmail). Strangely enough, I don't seem to get this error message for my AOL account which I use most of the time...weird.

Thank, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    How exactly can I change Gmail settings from SSL to TLS ? Do I do this through my Pre cell phone, or through Gmail desktop app?

I get these annoying messages on my Pre cell phone constantly for all my various accounts (eg: MSN Live, Yahoo, Gmail). Strangely enough, I don't seem to get this error message for my AOL account which I use most of the time...weird.

Thank, Casey.
    Forget that. It stopped the notices that I needed to enter my password, but it also stopped the email from working.

I tried this and it does work.
    1) Delete your gmail account (on your phone).
    2) Bring up your contacts, tap the contacts tab, choose preferences and remove the google acccount there too. (Otherwise, when you add back your gmail account, you will have too instances of the google account in the contacts preferences).
    3) Log in to your gmail account and change your password.
    4) Add your gmail account back to your phone.

I have had no further problems since I did this.
    I keep getting the message that my yahoo account is locked and to tap to sign in via the web. When I do I see I'm already signed in and can see all my e-mails. I've signed out and back in and it looks fine, but soon after the message shows up again.
    My yahoo and mail work fine on my computers and even on the palm pre when I go to the sight. I've changed nothing since the time it was working.

Any ideas on solutions?
    I've been getting it once or twice a month on my pre with gmail. I just log into it on my pc and it starts working again. This is a recent development in the last 4 months or so.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.