Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    There are a lot of well known, thoroughly discussed issues with the pre. I have come to accept a lot of them. To prevent the screen from appearing to die whenever it's closed and being unresponsive, I have a piece of paper near my battery to keep it in place. Works like magic. I can also live with the fact that the hardware is a bit unstable in that if I, for instance, toss my phone to my buddy to look at, I feel like there's a good chance the battery will come loose and the phone will restart. I'd say I'm being pretty patient with this phone, and to be honest I love how it works, when it doesn't sketch.

Case and point - I am very careful with my pre and to prevent the Luna restarts I have found that restarting the entire phone (takes 3 mins) prevents this from ever happening (hasn't happened for about 3 weeks now). I also baby this thing, which is a bit annoying but something I still consider acceptable. HOWEVER, all this said, and taking into consideration that when I place it down on something like the kitchen table, I do so slowly and carefully, so as not to disturb the tender innards of this beautiful creature.

WHY the *#@^#&&& # does this stupid thing STILL turn off? Randomly. Seems to happen like 2-3 times a week - the phone will just be OFF. For no apparent reason. Does this happen to anyone else? I find it so frustrating. Sure I have preware, a few patches (no overclocking kernels on atm) but I did notice it happened the day I actually got my pre, and assumed it would sort itself out. I mean, 2-3 times per week isn't a lot or anything, it's just really annoying. My buddy's iPhone has never randomly shut down. Neither has another friend of mine's Motorola Milestone (droid)...
    Go to your carrier and inform them you need a better battery. If you have a regular Pre, then that is likely your problem. If not, then tell them your problem and request a replacement. It should be easy going.