Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Greetings All,

Is there any way hack or not to tether my Pre to my laptop?

Am I just not seeing it or is it not there.

3rd party app.

Not sure if the 02 solution is the same for ATT Pre

Thanks in advance.
    stageworks@usa.net
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    There is Mytether.net, yet to be tried on the AT&T Palm Pre plus. It is quite a complicated process to install (I think) but I will be doing it soon. Anyone try to install it yet?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    The install process is SUPER easy! You just download a file and run the installer. It's gone through a few generations of installers, so consider yourselves lucky for getting into it now since MyTether now has a robust installer.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    There is Mytether.net, yet to be tried on the AT&T Palm Pre plus. It is quite a complicated process to install (I think) but I will be doing it soon. Anyone try to install it yet?
    Works great.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Read the post on mythether. Seems to have had problems.
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
    go here:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...print-pre.html

if the link dosent work google mobile hotspot for sprint palm pre, then scroll down to the entry......HOW TO: Install Mobile Hotspot on a 1.4.1.1 Sprint Pre ...‎ - Apr 1, 2010

then follow the first post directions its very simple.

download the ipks to your desktop (download webos quickinstall, put your phone in devo mode upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart) plug into your computer with quickinstall hit just charge. Then drag and drop the ipks (those two files you downloaded to your desktop) and hit install very easy and it works for the AT&T version using the sprint hack
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    go here:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...print-pre.html

if the link dosent work google mobile hotspot for sprint palm pre, then scroll down to the entry......HOW TO: Install Mobile Hotspot on a 1.4.1.1 Sprint Pre ...‎ - Apr 1, 2010

then follow the first post directions its very simple.

download the ipks to your desktop (download webos quickinstall, put your phone in devo mode upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart) plug into your computer with quickinstall hit just charge. Then drag and drop the ipks (those two files you downloaded to your desktop) and hit install very easy and it works for the AT&T version using the sprint hack
    I cannot seem to get this to work on my new ATT Pre. Mobile Hotspot is installed along with freetetherd and I can connect to the hotspot via my laptop wifi but cannot access the web. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Just installed it using the instructions above on my AT&T Pre Plus. Thanks for posting it!
    Quote Originally Posted by waltah View Post
    Just installed it using the instructions above on my AT&T Pre Plus. Thanks for posting it!
    can you confirm that it is working for you?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    It said at&t does not support tethering and i just pressed ignored it. Works fine.
    I have paid for and installed MyTether. It works great!

Regards
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    I have paid for and installed MyTether. It works great!

Regards
    Ditto here. Paid "AKA Donate" MyTether and it's up and running with AT&T Pre Plus.
    So My Tether 2.1.1 works on the GSM ATT Palm Pre Plus with 1.4.2?

Tested and verified? I do not mind donating but I dont want to pay for somthing that does not work yet.
    Now here is the question... to you all pay the extra $$ to AT&T for tethering?
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    I cannot seem to get this to work on my new ATT Pre. Mobile Hotspot is installed along with freetetherd and I can connect to the hotspot via my laptop wifi but cannot access the web. Any thoughts?
    on the free tether app launch that first, then make sure the ip forwarding is enabled, then launch the mobile hotspot app and turn on, make a password and its should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    on the free tether app launch that first, then make sure the ip forwarding is enabled, then launch the mobile hotspot app and turn on, make a password and its should be fine.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $not$ $Freetether$ &$quot$;$app$&$quot$; $since$ $it$ $is$ $a$ $service$ $as$ $noted$ $in$ $the$ $linked$ $post$ ($quoted$ $below$)

Am I missing something? It seems to work sporadically for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    Step 1: Download the Patched Mobile Hotspot IPK and freeTetherD service
    (thank estockda here for the patched IPK)
    Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ASI2UC7A

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk
    Step 2: Install both IPKs with WebOS Quick Install

NOTE: If you do not have the Package Manager Service installed on your Pre, the freeTetherD service will not install correctly

Step 3: Open the Mobile Hotspot app, change the settings as you wish, and enable the mobile hotspot

IMPORTANT NOTE: The second IPK in this post that you download is NOT an application, it is a service. Do not expect it to show up in your launcher. After installing both IPKs with WebOS Quick Install, the Mobile Hotspot app should just work.

After connecting a device to the Mobile Hotspot app, if your data connection goes out and doesn't come back after a minute or two, try opening the phone app, going to preferences, and toggling the Data Connection preference to off, then back on. That usually helps.

**Please let me know in a PM if the Megaupload link for the Patched Mobile Hotspot IPK stops working, I have a copy that I can reupload
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    Now here is the question... do you all pay the extra $$ to AT&T for tethering?
    Simple answer:

Tethering feature is not presently allowed.

Translation:

no fee structure for tethering on their network that you're not allowed to do has been announced, or published.

I guess you could randomly pick any dollar amount you want to pay them for the extra bandwidth you used based on how much you personally value the ability to tether. One more thing, don't forget to sign and date the check before you send it to AT&T.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    ^^ lol, Barry wants his paycheque...

I thought I saw somewhere they have a $60 5GB plan that enables tethering?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yeah it's called the PDA connect plan.

As for me I got the mobile hotspot up and running.

Last edited by vasekvi; 05/19/2010 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    So My Tether 2.1.1 works on the GSM ATT Palm Pre Plus with 1.4.2?

Tested and verified? I do not mind donating but I dont want to pay for somthing that does not work yet.
    Yes, it's working fine here.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast