Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    using MHS could they start charging me somehow?
    With excessive use, such as constant streaming sites or torrenting on your pc while tethered, At&t could possiblly keep a close eye on your account for data usage and apply the data tethering plan on their own descretion. But honestly I think You would have to use tons of data for this to occur, I never had it happen once while I tethered on Blackberry and Windows Mobile, both which I never payed for
    Update: I've been successful in connecting my iPod touch to the hotspot, but not my laptop PC.
    Idk if anyone else is having this problem, but whenever i turn it on, and my laptop connects to it, it loses the 3g signal, and it takes like anywhere from 1-10 minutes to regain it, and its annoying, does anyone know why it does this?
    Quote Originally Posted by edwina View Post
    Update: I've been successful in connecting my iPod touch to the hotspot, but not my laptop PC.
    edwina,

Are you using MyTether or Mobile hotspot?

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I installed the Tony Miller files on my AT&T Pre and it worked just fine. I did have to wait a couple minutes after connecting my computer for the Pre to regain 3g signal but no biggie. Glad to have this for emergencies though!
    hey all, i tried the ryanhope thing, but it gives me an error message, which i guess is why i cant get access to web on the devices i connect. any help for that?

it also doesnt seem to ever close. i fear thatll use up my battery life. i have the att version if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    edwina,

Are you using MyTether or Mobile hotspot?

TTB
    MyTether, since i've got AT&T Pre+ (hope they come out with something official, though)

As of now, I've always been able to connect my sister's Nokia e71x to the wifi networking created with MyTether, but I still haven't been able to connect my laptop. Any reason why? I reset my password to something really simple.

I'm going to test it on my sister's netbook and see what happens.

Thanks again TTB.
    MyTether, since i've got AT&T Pre+ (hope they come out with something official, though)

As of now, I've always been able to connect my sister's Nokia e71x to the wifi networking created with MyTether, but I still haven't been able to connect my laptop. Any reason why? I reset my password to something really simple.

I'm going to test it on my sister's netbook and see what happens.

Thanks again TTB.
    You should also change the default SSID to something short and simple. . No proof a 64 bit WEP pw and a simple SSID are the answer, but that's what worked from the git go for me.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    hey all, i donated to mytether and am going to do that instead of mobilehotspot. is there a way to uninstall mobilehotspot from the pre?
    And it's working great... Used Tony Millers' files, the connection went fast and stayed- Now all I have to do is move to someplace that has 3G...
    do you think this will go away once the update happens?
    I followed the steps here to block updates, until I see the fallout.
    I still haven't been able to connect Mytether network to my laptop or netbook. It has worked with my iPod touch and other smartphones.
    I still haven't been able to connect Mytether network to my laptop or netbook. It has worked with my iPod touch and other smartphones.
    Have you ensured every firewall has been disabled on your pc, including the windows basic firewall? If its connecting to all devices other than your pc, it leads me to suspect it may be something software related causing the problem on your pc. If your pc has GPS or WAN (built in verizon,at&t card, etc) be sure you have disabled those also within your wirleless connection manager on your laptop
    Last edited by Res215dg; 06/12/2010 at 04:13 PM.
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    I could use some help..

I'm a new Pre user.. I installed WebOSQI, Installed PreWare, downloaded the files, used WEBoSQI to install the 3 files. Rebooted the Pre

I See the MHS app, it won't let me turn it on and it has a msg that says

Mobile Hotspost service is not running.

I have tried it with Wifi turned on and off.

Help please !

Lou
    From what post did you download the files from? I think there were a set of files that were bogus for some people and another user posted the working files
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    I used the 3 files from this thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-hot-spot.html

Thanks for any help
    Lou
    Quote Originally Posted by LouB View Post
    I used the 3 files from this thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-hot-spot.html

Thanks for any help
    Lou
    Ok some users were encountering problems with those files and Hotspot not allowing itself to be turned on.

Here are the files I used, just two files since the packet forwarding file is no longer needed. Those files were taken from another user that posted. As long as you already have Preware installed, the only additional steps you need to take from here is install the following 2 files with WebOSQuick Install and thats it.

Load up Mobile HotSpot, turn it on, and connect your laptop and give it about 2-3 minutues before the laptop connects and goes online and all should be fine! Hope this helps...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    Many thanks.. Works fine now.. 3min or so to create the link to the net.

Any idea why ??

Lou
    "Donated" my $15 installed as per instructions, works great!
    Palm Pre Plus on AT&T

webos20090606 - because I keep forgetting
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast