Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I was able to make mobile hotspot for my friend's plus on ATT.

I have a few questions:

1. I tried installing 3 files:
    - MHS
    - Freether
    Both files I got were from the link of gomuch.
    -IP Forwarding (the file I got when I searched for in the forums, a patch from jason)

I installed all 3 by WOSQI using the add file option.

the MHS and IP forwarding patch installed without any problems, but the freetether had an error (canot find file etc, something like that) So I'm not sure if I installed properly.

2. I had it to work, does that mean I was successful in installing all 3? Even with the error?

He initially had the additional $30 tethering added to his account, the MHS worked like a charm, but now he had it removed, it suddenly stopped working. The 3G icon disappears.

3. Anyone having the MHS without the additional $30 tethering service?

thanks
    Last edited by johnj2803; 05/22/2010 at 06:14 PM.
    You have to have freetether or mytether installed. Do you have Preware installed? I wound up installing it and it worked after that. It has to do with the patch management service I think.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    You have to have freetether or mytether installed. Do you have Preware installed? I wound up installing it and it worked after that. It has to do with the patch management service I think.
    ok... so i guess the freetether file i have did not install at all...

can someone provide a link to a working file? i get file not found kind of errors with the ones linked here.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
    UPDATE:
    installed the freetether and my friend still has no connection. he says the 3G icon disappears when he tries to connect a device. No problems with devices connecting to the pre but the device connected to the pre has no internet
    How much money do you have to donate for mytether?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    3. Anyone having the MHS without the additional $30 tethering service?
    I have got it working, and have never had the $30 tethering service.

installed the freetether and my friend still has no connection. he says the 3G icon disappears when he tries to connect a device. No problems with devices connecting to the pre but the device connected to the pre has no internet

Did you wait like 3-5 mins before you actually tried to use the internet? That is what I did and it worked, when I waited 3-5 mins after connecting.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    UPDATE:
    I will PM you the 3 files and you can reinstall all of them. If works then I will post on this thread.
    Using the MHS and freetetherd hosted by Tonylmiller, got my laptop on the net via my ATT Pre+ in minutes. I was getting about 235 KB/sec using my "real-world" download test using Microsoft's HD Showcase at WMV HD Content Showcase
    Quote Originally Posted by JHNSTN00 View Post
    I will PM you the 3 files and you can reinstall all of them. If works then I will post on this thread.
    will update once i get it to work
    Quote Originally Posted by JHNSTN00 View Post
    all the files you sent me worked But i still had to install preware into the pre for the MHS to work continuously, without the preware the MHS goes on and off..

thanks guys
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Download 3 files from http://bit.ly/a3ATJ3 to your computer & unzip. Files from TonyMiller post in TreoCentral.

Install using WebOS Quick Install.

Turn on Mobile Hot Spot app.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I chose to use the donator version of mytether instead of mobile hotspot with the freethther daemon.

Installed mytether on my AT&T Pre plus, took less than 5 minutes. It's worked flawlessly without a hitch. easiest way to go (IMHO).
    I couldn't get it to work with the donation version of my tether. What firmware do I select? 1.4.1.1 or 1.4.x? I've tried both, neither worked

I downloaded the palm SDK and latest java & microsoft .net, set the phone to developer mode, let is reset, plugged into my PC under "charge" only" and opened up MyTether for installation. But I can't get any further than that.

Am I missing anything?
    I've been using the paid donation version of mytether on my AT&T Pre Plus . I have not installed the freetether daemon or anything else.

It's been workling flawlessly, including wi-fi tethering.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by edwina View Post
    I couldn't get it to work with the donation version of my tether. What firmware do I select? 1.4.1.1 or 1.4.x? I've tried both, neither worked

I downloaded the palm SDK and latest java & microsoft .net, set the phone to developer mode, let is reset, plugged into my PC under "charge" only" and opened up MyTether for installation. But I can't get any further than that.

Am I missing anything?
    It only worked for me after I selected 1.4.x
    Wouldn't install when I selected 1.4.1.1
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    @TopTongueBarry thanks--I've got Mytether successfully downloaded

The problem now is that I can't connect my devices to the wifi hotspot. My iPod touch and laptop PC recognize the network but can't connect to them Any idea why?

Thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by edwina View Post
    @TopTongueBarry thanks--I've got Mytether successfully downloaded

The problem now is that I can't connect my devices to the wifi hotspot. My iPod touch and laptop PC recognize the network but can't connect to them Any idea why?

Thanks for the help
    What worked for me was changing the SSID name and making the WEP encryption key very simple (like: 1234567890) in mytether.

TTB
    using MHS could they start charging me somehow?
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by gomuch View Post
    Just want to report that MHS does work on my AT&T Pre!

I also need to mention that the zip file from the link above (w/ mhs, freetether and ip-forwarding) didn't work for me, i got the files installed but couldn't turn on MHS.

the patched MHS file from this link (#395 from TonylMiller):
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...nt-pre-20.html

resolved my issue and now it works all the way.

Enjoy!
    I downloaded and installed just these TWO files from the link posted above, installed via QuickInstall (I already had Preware installed), opened up Mobile Hotspot from the Launcher, turned on Mobile Hotspot. My computer took about 10 secs to connect to the phone BUT took about 2 mintues to go online. So you have to wait before your computer successfully connects online, and after that here are my results running full bars on 3G. I have an At&t tower 2 blocks away

Last edited by Res215dg; 05/29/2010 at 03:42 PM.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast