Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 122
  1. #21  
    is this something that will potentially run into problems as WebOS and MyTether get updated?

    also, do i risk screwing my phone up pretty badly if something happens to go amiss during installation or while using?
  2. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Yeah it's called the PDA connect plan.

    As for me I got the mobile hotspot up and running.


    You can get you other devices to CONNECT to the phone via mobile hotspot, the problem is actually accessing the internet via mobile hotspot.

    If you have done that, and can surf the web on you other device i.e. laptop, could you post how you did this, as a few of us have not had any such luck.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    You can get you other devices to CONNECT to the phone via mobile hotspot, the problem is actually accessing the internet via mobile hotspot.

    If you have done that, and can surf the web on you other device i.e. laptop, could you post how you did this, as a few of us have not had any such luck.
    You have to give it a minute. Sometimes you will get a dialogue on the phone saying that you do not have an internet connection sharing plan and to contact ATT to get one. But once you see that message it works.

    I used quickinstall to install

    1. the mobile hotspot app
    2. freetetherd
    3. auto ip forwarding

    Here is the thread that I got the files from.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-hot-spot.html
  4. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    You have to give it a minute. Sometimes you will get a dialogue on the phone saying that you do not have an internet connection sharing plan and to contact ATT to get one. But once you see that message it works.

    So you actually surfed the web with JUST the AT&T v1.4.2 Palm Pre Plus?

    I will have to check this out again, as I game it way more than a minute was even able to get my laptop to connect to the phone, just was not able to surf the web.
  5. #25  
    Yes it takes perhaps even 3 minutes. Then it connects for real and is fast. I got over 2mbps down. The last post I made was using my phone as the wifi router.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Yes it takes perhaps even 3 minutes. Then it connects for real and is fast. I got over 2mbps down. The last post I made was using my phone as the wifi router.
    I chose to use the donator version of mytether instead of mobile hotspot with the freethther daemon.

    Installed mytether on my AT&T Pre plus, took less than 5 minutes. It's worked flawlessly without a hitch. easiest way to go (IMHO).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Simple answer:

    Tethering feature is not presently allowed.

    Translation:

    no fee structure for tethering on their network that you're not allowed to do has been announced, or published.

    I guess you could randomly pick any dollar amount you want to pay them for the extra bandwidth you used based on how much you personally value the ability to tether. One more thing, don't forget to sign and date the check before you send it to AT&T.
    The day the pre was released I checked the website, and it had three plans listed. One for data only, one for data and unlimited text messages, and one for data, text messages, and tethering. The third option is no longer showing up, but it was $60 a month. It is not currently and option, but it will be soon I think, since when you att the PRE to you shopping cart the follwoing pops up:

  8. waltah's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #28  
    So you would choose Smartphone personal and use Mobile Hotspot to tether. The tethering plan listed there is for usb and possibly bt tethering, but not the same as Mobile Hotspot.
  9. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Installed mytether on my AT&T Pre plus, took less than 5 minutes. It's worked flawlessly without a hitch. easiest way to go (IMHO).

    Where did you get the files for mytether?

    Did you have to do anything special when you installed mytether, or did you just install it with WebOSQuickInstall and run it?
  10. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post

    I used quickinstall to install

    1. the mobile hotspot app
    2. freetetherd
    3. auto ip forwarding

    Here is the thread that I got the files from.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-hot-spot.html
    I can confirm that this does indeed work, you can surf the internet at around 2mps.
  11. jhnstn00's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Yeah it's called the PDA connect plan.

    As for me I got the mobile hotspot up and running.

    The update for MHS is not available anymore. When did you get the updated version? What version are you using?

    my MHS is stuck on v.1.0.3 and I cant turn the switch from OFF to ON.
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHNSTN00 View Post
    The update for MHS is not available anymore. When did you get the updated version? What version are you using?

    my MHS is stuck on v.1.0.3 and I cant turn the switch from OFF to ON.
    I have the same problem.
  13. #33  
    Just want to report that MHS does work on my AT&T Pre!

    I also need to mention that the zip file from the link above (w/ mhs, freetether and ip-forwarding) didn't work for me, i got the files installed but couldn't turn on MHS.

    the patched MHS file from this link (#395 from TonylMiller):
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...nt-pre-20.html

    resolved my issue and now it works all the way.

    Enjoy!
  14. jhnstn00's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by gomuch View Post
    Just want to report that MHS does work on my AT&T Pre!

    I also need to mention that the zip file from the link above (w/ mhs, freetether and ip-forwarding) didn't work for me, i got the files installed but couldn't turn on MHS.

    the patched MHS file from this link (#395 from TonylMiller):
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...nt-pre-20.html

    resolved my issue and now it works all the way.

    Enjoy!
    THANKS WORKS LIKE A CHARM. Uninstalled bad MHS and installed good one along with freetheter from above link.
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by gomuch View Post
    Just want to report that MHS does work on my AT&T Pre!

    I also need to mention that the zip file from the link above (w/ mhs, freetether and ip-forwarding) didn't work for me, i got the files installed but couldn't turn on MHS.

    the patched MHS file from this link (#395 from TonylMiller):
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...nt-pre-20.html

    resolved my issue and now it works all the way.

    Enjoy!
    will try this on my friend's pre
  16. aric47g's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #36  
    I have been using the Pre on Sprint since September but am now switching to at&t and gonna go for the Pre+. I do not understand at&t's plan structure. I'm signing up through the Wirefly deal and I'm selecting my plan options now. First thing I'm confused about is the data plans.

    Smartphone Personal w/ Tethering - 5 GB of email and Internet, plus PC tethering for $60.00

    Smartphone Personal - unlimited email and Internet $30.00

    Do I need the $60 plan if I'm plannin on using MHS and Mytether?

    It says unlimited but it's cheaper than the 5GB so whats the limit then and how likely am I to go over it with normal internet use on my laptop; Facebook, the occasional youtube clip but no torrent downloads or netflix streaming.

    Then the texting plans; the unlimited is $20 then some limited plans for a lil less all the way to an option for none. Does 'none' include google talk and other IM clients. Couldn't I just block all texts and go that route?

    And lastly the voicemail to SMS and email options; seriously? I've been out of the preware scene for a lil while, only thing I have on my Sprint phone is Mytether. Aren't there other apps for this. I'm completely confident that I'll be using Preware Patches and other homebrew items. Charging $10 for Navigator too? ...wow, Sprint really is a better deal but I have to go to at&t.
  17. #37  
    Any advantages of one (MHS or MyTether) over the other?
    Smartphone Evolution:
    i330 (8/03), i500 (5/04), i600 (11/04), PPC6601 (12/04), Treo 650 (1/05), PPC6600 (10/05), PPC6700 (12/05), Treo 650 (6/06), PPC6700 (9/06), Treo 700wx (10/06)
  18. jhnstn00's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by aric47g View Post
    I have been using the Pre on Sprint since September but am now switching to at&t and gonna go for the Pre+. I do not understand at&t's plan structure. I'm signing up through the Wirefly deal and I'm selecting my plan options now. First thing I'm confused about is the data plans.

    Smartphone Personal w/ Tethering - 5 GB of email and Internet, plus PC tethering for $60.00

    Smartphone Personal - unlimited email and Internet $30.00

    Do I need the $60 plan if I'm plannin on using MHS and Mytether?

    It says unlimited but it's cheaper than the 5GB so whats the limit then and how likely am I to go over it with normal internet use on my laptop; Facebook, the occasional youtube clip but no torrent downloads or netflix streaming.

    Then the texting plans; the unlimited is $20 then some limited plans for a lil less all the way to an option for none. Does 'none' include google talk and other IM clients. Couldn't I just block all texts and go that route?

    And lastly the voicemail to SMS and email options; seriously? I've been out of the preware scene for a lil while, only thing I have on my Sprint phone is Mytether. Aren't there other apps for this. I'm completely confident that I'll be using Preware Patches and other homebrew items. Charging $10 for Navigator too? ...wow, Sprint really is a better deal but I have to go to at&t.
    Dont need $60 pc tethering to use mytether or mhs. Get $30 data plan.

    Texting plan not needed if using other IM programs. I havent tested any alternative, but they should use data plan.

    Google maps is free. Att nav $10. up to you.
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
  19. #39  
    Anyone that is using mytether: do you have it working via usb? Mine hasn't been able to connect yet...any hints are appreciated.

    Edit: Nevermind, I got it all set up now...I was missing the USBnet on my computer. Big thanks to http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...tworking_setup for the instructions!
    Last edited by AndrewakaMJ; 05/22/2010 at 02:02 PM.
  20. #40  
    Just received my Pre Plus yesterday. Had this working successfully this morning with freethetherd.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions