Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My phone froze, so I had no choice but to take the battery out,

so I did that, put the battery back in, and it won't even turn on at all. What happened I can't have a broken phone...
    Try pulling the battery out and waiting 30 seconds before reinstalling it. You may have to do this multiple times.
    Did you try putting it on the charger and seeing if it would turn on?
    Did you hold down the power button? Try plugging it in to see if it boots up. Usually when the Pre is on AC power it will usually boot up on its own.
  5.    #5  
    I'll try leaving the battery out for a bit

yes I just tried plugging it into my computer and nothing happened, I've alspo tried holding the power button for a LONG time
  6.    #6  
    I just tried plugging it into a wall outlet too, and nothing is happening. Did it get fried or something? I'm so upset...
    Leave battery out for about 10 minutes. Happened to me once and had to leave it out for that long.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Leave battery out for about 10 minutes. Happened to me once and had to leave it out for that long.
    Alright, I'll try it... I guess it's somewhat comforting to know it's happened to you too...
    Happened to me, I took the battery cover off (I am assuming battery is charged) and then pressed the power on and off button, and viola it worked. The reason is you are unable to press the button fully with the battery cover on. Let me know if it works.
  11.    #11  
    I haven't even put the cover back on yet It was on at first, but when I realized my phone wasn't working I took the back off and it's been off since.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Hmm, I read it, but it doesn't seem like my problem? My phone won't even turn on at all! : P
    Take your battery in to the provider you have for a new one. I had this same problem and it was just the battery, they gave me a new one for free.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Take your battery in to the provider you have for a new one. I had this same problem and it was just the battery, they gave me a new one for free.
    Why would they give you one for free? Did they have to send it away or something? I'm with Bell in Canada and I have no idea if they'll go for that... lol
    That battery is covered under the 1 year warranty.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    That battery is covered under the 1 year warranty.
    REALLY?? I hope that's true!! They'll still probably have to order one, and I'll be without a phone, but I really hope that's the least of my problems.

PS, what did I do to cause this? :s I have no idea what even happened...
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    REALLY?? I hope that's true!! They'll still probably have to order one, and I'll be without a phone, but I really hope that's the least of my problems.

PS, what did I do to cause this? :s I have no idea what even happened...
    Nothing a lot of the batteries are crap that first came out and yes its under warranty
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Nothing a lot of the batteries are crap that first came out and yes its under warranty
    Well yeah but I have never had a problem like this with the battery on any other phone. I really hope this is the only problem, I'll go to bell in the morning, thanks guys..
    sometimes the phone gets hot and the battery gets hot = phone doesnt work. Wait for everything to cool down and phone will power on!
    How long have you charged your phone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast