Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if this is already posted somewhere, but I just found out that Palm has a live support chat available 24/7 (in the US). That's pretty effin fantastic.
    Do they speak (or type) passable English?
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I assumed they would, but I'm on with them right now and it does not appear so.

[6:07 PM] Ashley says: I already typed this in on the support page but I assume it didn't make it to you somehow. I recently exchanged my palm pre plus for a pixi plus since I prefer the form factor, keyboard, etc. When I got the phone, it had OS version 1.3.5 on it. I was able to use my old iPhone 3GS earbuds with mic with it without any problem. After updating to 1.4.1.1 no headsets work with my pixi except palm branded ones, which unfortunately I don't own since they don't come with the pixi.
    [6:09 PM] Nelson says: Let me explain .
    [6:10 PM] Nelson says: All the headsets will not work with the Pixi, you need to use only compatible headsets. Our Engineers tests various models of headsets and then list the compatible headsets .
    [6:11 PM] Nelson says: So you need use only Palm branded headsets
    [6:13 PM] Ashley says: But you guys took away the functionality that was present before the update to 1.4.1.1. I switched from an Apple iPhone because I wanted to support Palm and webOS, but what you're doing effectively is making me go out and spend more money to buy a palm branded headset since you did not include it with the pixi plus. The iPhone headset worked before the update, meaning palm disabled that functionality.
    Last edited by ashykat; 05/17/2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: edit
    Yeah they do type in clear and comprehendable english, but then again, the chat support is based in India, so imagine how much help they can provide for you when you live in America. Pretty much they just follow the script.
    I tried it once via on-device help. The guy was pretty clueless to what I was asking. Ended up finding my answer on PreCentral forums...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Yeah. I was hoping I could get them to feel bad and send me some palm earbuds since the pixi + doesn't come with them. They broke my functionality which kind of blows. Oh well. I also used to be able to use the built in mic even in headset mode. So I was able to plug my phone into my car using aux in (or a cassette adapter) and still use it as a speakerphone. 1.4 broke that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    Yeah. I was hoping I could get them to feel bad and send me some palm earbuds since the pixi + doesn't come with them. They broke my functionality which kind of blows. Oh well. I also used to be able to use the built in mic even in headset mode. So I was able to plug my phone into my car using aux in (or a cassette adapter) and still use it as a speakerphone. 1.4 broke that too.
    Not sure about the Pixi but such works just fine on the Pre. I do it all the time with my pair of Sennheisers.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    There must be a reason then that the iPhone earbuds stopped working. They were the updated ones with the volume controls on them. Those things didn't work but the mic did, and it stopped once I updated. The headset is not as big of a deal for me as the speakerphone thing was. I basically had a hands free device in my car that went through my car speakers and all it took was the aux in (or in another car, the cassette adapter). Since that stopped working, I'll have to get a BT or something in order to have hands free in my car. Sucks.
    Since the OP didn't give the link, here it is:

Palm - Live Chat
    There must be a reason then that the iPhone earbuds stopped working. They were the updated ones with the volume controls on them. Those things didn't work but the mic did, and it stopped once I updated. The headset is not as big of a deal for me as the speakerphone thing was. I basically had a hands free device in my car that went through my car speakers and all it took was the aux in (or in another car, the cassette adapter). Since that stopped working, I'll have to get a BT or something in order to have hands free in my car. Sucks.
    Ashley just get a mic adapter like this one: Amazon.com: Audio/Mic Adapter (White) - 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female (For use with iPhone/iPhone…. It works great for me.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    When i got my new phone on Sunday it started up in Spanish. I was on with chat for over an hour registering in Spanish so that I could eventually change the setting to english. Now the phone is in English, but Palm's emails and website (after login) are in Spanish.

Just got off the chat trying to change the palm stuff to english, and the chatter said i would have to do a partial reset on the phone and lose apps and data. I decided to come here first to figure out how best to back up homebrew apps, webosqi, etc.

so chat was ok first time, but left me with a lingering problem and the second chat was not what i wanted to do.

This site is more helpful, IMHO.
    There are a couple threads on this.... the headphone/mic function can be "reset" with a reboot of the phone.

Check this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ar-stereo.html

and

there is a couple other threads about this. I don't think it was intentional, due to the fact that functionality can be restored with a reboot, then goes away the next time the headphones (or mini plug) is unplugged.