Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    will I be charged extra? I have unlim data. And I get no error messages.
    only God knows rigth now!! this is insane!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by handpalm View Post
    only God knows rigth now!! this is insane!!
    seriously...im afraif to use it! Anyone talk to sprint?
    100% yes.. sprint doesn't even give an option for you to PAY for tethering... meaning they don't want it for this phone.. they want to push their mii or wii or whatever it's called.

ps i can neither confirm or deny that i have this installed
    You won't be able to use it
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    You won't be able to use it
    There's a patch for that.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    There's a patch for that.
    Actually there isn't you have to install mobile hotspot and all the other necessary through quickinstall so please know 100% for sure before you correct someone
    Actually there isn't you have to install mobile hotspot and all the other necessary through quickinstall so please know 100% for sure before you correct someone
    Um, okay, the point is....it WILL work, contrary to your silly little statement. He already has the hotspot, all he has to do is install the freetetherd service through WOSQI. Simple. I don't see the point in saying something won't work when getting it to work takes all of two minutes.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Actually there is a patch for that, http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...e-hotspot.html After you install freetetherd through WOSQI.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    What was the deal with that? I went to the app catalog today, and Mobile HotSpot was the first app on the "What's New" list. It showed 2,201 apps. I went back a few hours later, and there were 1,998 apps, and MHS was gone. I assume that it had something to do with ATT's launch, but still, it doesn't seem to make sense.
    I downloaded the homebrew Mobile Hotspot app earlier and was able to get my laptop online through it....but my PS3 won't connect...keep getting an error message that getting the IP address has timed out. I'm not looking to game online using the MH, because I know it's not possible, but at least to browse the internet and check messages. Is there a way to do that? Also, has anyone heard of Sprint charging people (penalty-wise) for using the homebrew MH app? I have unlimited data, so I think it would be ridiculous if they did.
    Yeah, the "unlimited" part is just a marketing term. If you use too much, they come after you. They say "unlimited", but they mean "unlimited within a certain mean to be determined by Sprint and can be changed without notice."
    Stay under 5gb data usage for your phone and Sprint wont care even if you tether. Do more than 5 gb on a consistent basis, you run the risk of Sprint cancelling your service. As for going over 5gb, I doubt they would come after you with data charges but you never know, so it is best to just play it safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    are there any black vans hanging out in your neighborhood all of a sudden... any helicopters flying overhead.........
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    are there any black vans hanging out in your neighborhood all of a sudden... any helicopters flying overhead.........
    A bigger threat is the Google Street View truck snooping your WiFi:
    Consumer Watchdog Calls on FTC to Investigate Google's WiFi Snooping - Consumer Watchdog
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    if you take your phone into a sprint store for service you will get comments from the techs about it. tell them where to stick it.
    Sprint techs in my area were actually promoting preware as well as overclocking/tethering. Unfortunately thats not the norm.
    I saw this on world news it's crazy them pickin up peoples unsecured wifi info...

Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    A bigger threat is the Google Street View truck snooping your WiFi:
    [url= Watchdog Calls on FTC to Investigate Google's WiFi Snooping - Consumer Watchdog[/url]
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $it$'$s$ $really$ $unlimited$ $and$ $the$ $5GB$ $is$ $for$ $tethering$ $data$. $This$ $is$ $what$ $I$ $have$ $seen$ $posted$ $around$ $the$ $web$.

Also how do they know you are tethering it's all just data, unless they send something along with it that tells them.
    There's a patch for that - Hide Mobile Hotspot - might help at Sprint store. The deal is it was legal, so can't say much, but when they see Preware . . . that is another story, at least at mine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast