1. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I get an error message when I try and search for an address.

"The navigation service is not initialized yet, quit current session and retry."

Any suggestions. I rebooted. Tried the ##477#.

Hoping not to have to DR
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Have you checked that GPS is enabled in the GPS app?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  3. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Yes, it is enabled. I can get my map location, but I can not get any sort of directions and my recently found places is empty.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Sounds like the map app is the problem not the GPS...

Are you using Google Maps or sprint navigation?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  5. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Sprint Nav
    Hmmm. Sprint nav works like a charm for me. I just got a route to one of my favorites.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Having the same issue. dr'd today, didn't help
    Check out this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...orruption.html

Post 5 shows:
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Yes. Call Sprint and they'll help uninstall and and send you a link to reinstall. I have had this issue before on other phones (Moto Q, Blackberry curve) and that's how it was resolved. Hope this help.
    I believe at this time that this problem is caused by using either Save/Restore or Pre Backup Utility.

I have had this problem after a Dr. and then restoring my data and programs.

Typically what "should" happen after a Dr. the first time you launch sprint nav it should ask you to enter your first and last name and email address. After the Dr. and subsequent restore using both of these programs it doesn't ask you to enter your name like it should so it may be a licensing issue or something along those lines..... I think....

However, if after you Dr. launch Sprint Nav and login prior to restoring I believe this would fix the problem.

Can anyone that has seen this error confirm if this scenario was played out?
    For anyone who gets this error in the future

Delete the .db file in /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

After launching Sprint Nav it will create a new .db file
    Mine has a different problem sometimes outside gives me the wrong position it gets stuck in triangulation instead of GPS signal
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thank you, that worked like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    For anyone who gets this error in the future

Delete the .db file in /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

After launching Sprint Nav it will create a new .db file