1.    #1  
    Last night, I checked my phone after a couple of hours, just to go on facebook and check texts, and neither the power button or using the slider would turn my phone on. I thought it was odd, and then it showed my home screen for about 3 seconds before Palm showed up and the phone did a restart. Funny thing is, during the restart with Palm on the screen I was getting my text message sounder before my phone finished booting. I should add, that those texts were delayed a good hour and a half, I should also mention that I did download an app from Preware but forgot to restart my phone. Would that probably be the cause of the restart?
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisliermann View Post
    Last night, I checked my phone after a couple of hours, just to go on facebook and check texts, and neither the power button or using the slider would turn my phone on. I thought it was odd, and then it showed my home screen for about 3 seconds before Palm showed up and the phone did a restart. Funny thing is, during the restart with Palm on the screen I was getting my text message sounder before my phone finished booting. I should add, that those texts were delayed a good hour and a half, I should also mention that I did download an app from Preware but forgot to restart my phone. Would that probably be the cause of the restart?
    i feel that there is a slight bug at times with preware (the most incredible thing to happen to my phone). i have gotten in the habit of restarting the phone after i do anythng from preware -- that being said i have experienced this same type of issue where i will get a phone call or text message and if the phone is sitting there with the screen dark the next time i try to access the phone - ie power button or slider it will go through a luna reset and then i will notice that i missed a text message or a call 5 min to a couple of hours ago -- i don't know if the phone i frozen all that time or it just reboots when i try to open it -- i can not replicate it and it does not happen often.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Hey there...

I experienced about 3 or 4 random resets when I had the CPU overclocked (using Govnah) to 800MHz, so I monitored the temperature, and it was close to being too high for it to handle. That said, I lowered the speed to 720MHz, and have been fine ever since. Hope that helps!
  4.    #4  
    I had a feeling it was due to the fact I didn't restart after installing an app from Preware. I think I will get into the habit of just restarting every time I use Preware. Fairly certain it wasn't an overheating issue, I am not overclocking...yet. Can't seem to get the courage up to do so, even though it's awesome, or so I read.
    I have the official app catalogue and updates disabled in preware because i use the palm app for that and i get no random restarts....try that first maybe, i've read the problem may be when preware directs you to app catalogue for an update....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  6.    #6  
    So, I turn the Preware app catalog update off? Just want to make sure I am doing it right, I will give it a try!!