1.    #1  
    Anyone purchased an ATT Pre Plus to use on Rogers, TELUS, or Bell in Canada?

How did you purchase?

How did you unlock?

Post your experiences!
    I'm interested to know if paid apps work for these units...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    I would assume its going to be fine for paid apps since they are working on the Bell Pre.

*crosses fingers*
    Not really. According to tomi666, it depends on where you first activate the device. Apparently the only way it was found was that you must do the initial activation in the country where the device was intended, then it'll lock to that country's catalogue, then no matter where you go you will get that catalogue. If you buy the device and do the first activation outside of that country, regardless if the new country has official paid apps or not, your catalogue would be toast.

Just wondering has that changed with the AT&T release...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I got it working on telus right now, paid apps are visible.

Still trying to get Data
    Mind doing one more test? Can you see if you can find the CBC News app?

Just want to see if your device is set to the Canadian profile.

7.    #7  
    lol I get the two from HoFo already, love it. I was coming here to expand the people search for other users!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolin View Post
    lol I get the two from HoFo already, love it. I was coming here to expand the people search for other users!
    Could you provide a link please. It would be greatly appreciated!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Lugo View Post
    Could you provide a link please. It would be greatly appreciated!
    to the HoFo thread? - HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - AT&T Palm Pre Plus: Anyone thinking of grabbing one
    unrelated to this thread, but I finally picked up a Pre off contract thanks to the price tag and flexibility on Bell. Nonetheless, I am finally an owner permanent. But, my question, for anyone to answer, app catalog, how many apps do you have? I'm only registering about 1388 - I thought we had over 3000 apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    unrelated to this thread, but I finally picked up a Pre off contract thanks to the price tag and flexibility on Bell. Nonetheless, I am finally an owner permanent. But, my question, for anyone to answer, app catalog, how many apps do you have? I'm only registering about 1388 - I thought we had over 3000 apps?
    1388 on mine. Get Preware and check that number, you should have 4000+.

Think some dev guys are lazy bums and didn't check the "publish for international" checkbox.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    1388 on mine. Get Preware and check that number, you should have 4000+.

Think some dev guys are lazy bums and didn't check the "publish for international" checkbox.
    haha yeah I still haven't done the preware thing or oc it or anything

I should probably get on that.. it's just a lot of reading. I went on a road trip for 2 wks across the country so i've just been not wanting to do anything lol

but i'm also afraid of doing preware just cause it seems like it messes with the system and that's where problems come in? I don't know maybe i'm just a little crazy lol

After a year and a half thou, i'm finally happy to have a pre, and no contract too
    Welcome to the dark side.

So does 3G data work fine with an AT&T pre plus on a Canadian GSM network?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    So does 3G data work fine with an AT&T pre plus on a Canadian GSM network?
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...problem-2.html

Works on Telus HSPA.

Did you guys bypass activation in store or using Meta Doctor?