Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Is there a patch or can someone create one? Its one feature I miss about my palm phone. The ability to create folders, transfer & manage my photos without having to plug the device in USB mode.
    If you have preware do a search for internalz. It's a file manager service.

I'm not sure if you can create folders but you can copy them and just delete the contents.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Yes, Use Internals (in Preware) and you can create Directories and Files, move items, and manage your device.
    internalz will allow you to move them around, you can create subfolders and they will be listed below the photo roll....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Hear hear! I second the motion for an on device photo mgmt patch! - I soooo miss the ability to create Albums and put photos immediately into them ON the device - like I could with my Centro!

Naming, rotate, crop, brightness, sharpness, contrast, add text, draw on - I used Resco photo a fair amount. I may load this into Classic and see if it can work with photos from the Pre side. But an on board photo manager would be ideal! Can't figure out why they did away with this?

Sure its great to send pix to online sites but I prefer to crop, annotate, label and create or file into an album before just sending online - that way when they get to the online sight they are searchable and fall into place "automagically".

Sure hope someone can create such a patch ( or app)!

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

http://developer.palm.com/webChannel....pixelpipe.pre

you might try this, and internalz, can give you the ability to create Albums(folders) and put photos immediately into them ON the device

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

you might try this, and internalz, can give you the ability to create Albums(folders) and put photos immediately into them ON the device
    +1 Good find.. I didn't even know that app was there (and another +1 for it being free)
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks, I just tired Internalz & it gives you better management. But you have to select one file at a time & doesn't give you the same features we are all use too. I can't believe Palm still hasn't updated it yet. Basic photo management was a common feature on every palm phone i have ever had. I still hope for a better solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp74 View Post
    Thanks, I just tired Internalz & it gives you better management. But you have to select one file at a time & doesn't give you the same features we are all use too. I can't believe Palm still hasn't updated it yet. Basic photo management was a common feature on every palm phone i have ever had. I still hope for a better solution.
    Palm is (was) a pretty small company with a lot on their plate. They have done an incredible job so far creating this new OS. It's only been out a year (almost) - so be patient. You will see it grow and get better file management ability faster every day. They built this whole OS from the ground up and it's all about tweaking it at this point so it can grow.

EDIT: I forgot that Internalz is from Jason Robitaille and not Palm. Sorry about that Jason! Never ceases to amaze me what you and the rest of the guys do behind the scenes that we take for granted!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/17/2010 at 01:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Oh don't get me wrong.... I Love My Pre.................

I just want some of my old features back.....
    Small company or no, I still cannot believe the Photo app processes every photo individually so when I hand the phone to family or friends to swipe through, they have to wait 3-6 seconds between photos. A year later, it's just kind of embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Small company or no, I still cannot believe the Photo app processes every photo individually so when I hand the phone to family or friends to swipe through, they have to wait 3-6 seconds between photos. A year later, it's just kind of embarrassing.
    wait 3-6 seconds between photos?? what? I can switch between photos seamlessly (maybe a 0.5 second focus lock) when viewing and swiping through them. I'd be kinda annoyed/embarrassed if mine took that long to go from photo to photo too. Are you loaded to the gills with photos where it is a memory issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    wait 3-6 seconds between photos?? what? I can switch between photos seamlessly (maybe a 0.5 second focus lock) when viewing and swiping through them. I'd be kinda annoyed/embarrassed if mine took that long to go from photo to photo too. Are you loaded to the gills with photos where it is a memory issue?
    No. I mean, wait for the photo to fully render. It's low-res and blurry when it first appears onscreen, and then it becomes crystal clear 3-6 seconds later. And it does this individually with EVERY photo, even if it's already rendered it, and you're swiping back through in the opposite direction.

I have a whopping 230 photos that I have amassed over 11 months, and it has always done this across multiple Pre phones (I am on my 7th) and multiple OS versions. I also have more than 2GB free. It's absurd.
    No. I mean, wait for the photo to fully render. It's low-res and blurry when it first appears onscreen, and then it becomes crystal clear 3-6 seconds later. And it does this individually with EVERY photo, even if it's already rendered it, and you're swiping back through in the opposite direction.

I have a whopping 230 photos that I have amassed over 11 months, and it has always done this across multiple Pre phones (I am on my 7th) and multiple OS versions. I also have more than 2GB free. It's absurd.
    I guess I've never encountered that because I only have 30 pics at a time on my phone (not a heavy pic user). Sounds like another quirk with the way the db files are handled. Interesting... and I'm sure pretty frustrating on your end!
    Always been like this on my phone as well.
    I only have around 40 pictures.
    I don't know why the photo app wouldn't use the GPU to render the pics.
    Hopefully in a near future update !

Quote Originally Posted by ericp74 View Post
    what are the "same features we are all use to" you mean? Yes, I realize only one file can be moved at a time, but I wanted to keep Internalz straightforward and frankly, it'd increase coding difficulty a fair bit given what I was doin.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I guess I've never encountered that because I only have 30 pics at a time on my phone (not a heavy pic user). Sounds like another quirk with the way the db files are handled. Interesting... and I'm sure pretty frustrating on your end!
    For myself, I don't care that much because I always go to thumbnails as a work around. But when you're passing around your phone to show photos of your kid, and people doing the same with a Samsung Impression have a more responsive and quicker photo app than you do....it's a little embarrassing.

And according to "the.teejster", the number of photos on your device doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I would hope HP would finally fix up these "amateur night" elements before shipping a new device. We'll see.
    i'm over clocked to 800mhz but mine only take a second or 2 to focus....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    i'm over clocked to 800mhz but mine only take a second or 2 to focus....
    I'm at 800mhz too. Still 3-6 seconds (mostly 3 to be fair), although I get the rare 2 second one here and there. But I still think it's inexcusable. I already have to slowly scroll through the thumbnails because a quick flick will just result in a lot of blank boxes that I have to wait to see rendered.

Why must I do common tasks way more slowly on an 800mhz Pre than I do on a 528mhz Hero running an OS ON TOP of an OS? That doesn't bode well for WebOS remaining competitive now that the new Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone 7 baselines are all around 1 ghz. Again, I expect this to be among the first things that HP addresses once they fully get ownership of this OS.
    my photos scroll fast too, even the large ones render in less than a second. also oc to 800
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast