1.    #1  
    I was up at my cottage over the weekend and tried out the free tether
    app and I have to say....THANK YOU!! to the creators of such wonderful technology!! It worked perfectly!!

However, I am a bit scared to use the free tethering of fear of getting caught
    but I noticed that at my cabin I am in EV Roaming mode so does roaming when on the free tether make any difference do you think as to getting caught?
    i also wonder if this has any consequences.

to use mobile hotspot while roaming, with data roaming enabled.
    Who is your provider ?
  4.    #4  
    I am with Sprint. (sorry)
    Quote Originally Posted by marybee View Post
    I was up at my cottage over the weekend and tried out the free tether
    app and I have to say....THANK YOU!! to the creators of such wonderful technology!! It worked perfectly!!

However, I am a bit scared to use the free tethering of fear of getting caught
    but I noticed that at my cabin I am in EV Roaming mode so does roaming when on the free tether make any difference do you think as to getting caught?
    were did you get the free tether app from?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...print-pre.html

I know many people who use it and no one has gotten caught yet, I believe the way it is done makes it so sprint cant really tell and for the most part they are really laid back anyway so most likely worst case is you will get a warning.
  7.    #7  
    I am not using it alot, just basically to look at some web pages, get my emails etc. I don't stay on for long peroids of time and I don't download music or anything like that. Heck, I have not even used 1GB of data yet this month and my month ends on the 27th.

I don't know why I am so paranoid about using the tether, I basically just wondered if it made a difference if I was roaming or not.
    It shouldn't, as long as you are not roaming a lot, there is free data roaming if I recall with sprint. Some people on sprint are using 9 gigs (non tethering) and they are fine. So do not worry much about it until sprint says something.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks... Yes I have unlimited roaming so I guess I won't worry about it.

I sure is nice to be able to use it that is for sure!
    if your roaming. Don't do it. Just don't. Of you have large amounts sprint calls you.