1.    #1  
    Whats the best free touchscreen keyboard app?
    -Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime3818 View Post
    Whats the best free touchscreen keyboard app?
    -Thanks
    None of them are good, even the paid ones.
    I like the VKB patch in Preware, especially after adding haptic feedback. It's IMO the best and it's free. Works great for me, I type about 40wpm on it.
    The best keyboard for the PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $under$ $the$ $screen$.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    The best keyboard for the PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $under$ $the$ $screen$.
    +1, lol.
    I have every one of them, even the paid ones. They are all terrible. Once you learn copy/paste and apply a few patches to make that easier, I think you will settle in to the physical keyboard. I have learned to type on the keyboard while the phone is still in portrait orientation after doing it long enough. Yes, I wish there was a landscape keyboard, but there currently isn't a decent solution. The biggest issue is that what ever you type in them has to be cut/paste into whatever you wanted to type in. What a major pain in the shoe that is...

That's my 2 cents.
    what I'm really hoping for is that Palm (or someone) will add an app that does an app like SWYPE that is integrated into the OS so it types directly into the apps. One of Palm's design decisions was to stick with a physical keyboard so I don't know if the underlying OS can really be made to work that way. But, with HP morphing it to other stuff like tablets and such... I'm sure it will be possible someday.

But if you've ever seen/used SWYPE (and there is at least one competitor to swyp) then you know why the soft keyboards like Android and iPhone are really old school and already obsolete. SWYPE is really amazing... and I'm going to keep hoping Palm comes up with a way to do it... Palm, are you listening?