Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    So far I love this phone. I'm still getting used some of the gestures to go back a page (form an email back to my inbox) and swapping apps.

I've downloaded a few apps, and tonight I'm going to install preware.

My old phone was crap (Nokia E71x) and I had to do an early upgrade to get this phone, and I'm very happy I did.

I am having one problem... The phone will mysteriously turn off. Now, I'm not sure if I'm accidentally hitting the power button or if it is a problem with the phone...
    Hello guys,

How's your Pre treating you?

Still loving it?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Now in my third week, and still torn about whether I'm going to keep it. If any of you are interested in the pros and cons from my perspective, i've written a complete review at www.iradeutchman.com. I expect to write an update when I make my final decision.

--Ira
    I got the Palm Pixi+ from at&t, I prefer it's KB over the Pre+.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I still love my Pre Plus(ordered on May 16th, got it on the 19th). I still feel it is being treated poorly by AT&T and Verizon....how hard is it for people who work in the cell phone business to try out new devices so they can properly recommend the right device for each customer?
    I've had my Pre since May 18th, and I'm sad to say it's being returned.

I love WebOS, I think it's far and away the most robust and usable mobile OS available. However, the Pre build quality leaves a lot to be desired. When the phone was new, it fely pretty solid. Over the last three weeks, it has quickly degraded and when the phone is in its closed position, there is a lot of play, and the top half of the phone, (screen portion) teeters back and forth like a see-saw.

I guess I'll be sticking with my Nexus One for now, but, I will surely keep an eye on HP/Palm and pick up their next device.
    that is the very same reason why I go the Pixi +, b/c the slide-out design of the Pre+ would lead to this type of degration. I had to downgrade in RAM & pixelation as well as storage, but hardware-wise the Pixi+ is a candybar and will last longer then the Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    that is the very same reason why I go the Pixi +, b/c the slide-out design of the Pre+ would lead to this type of degration. I had to downgrade in RAM & pixelation as well as storage, but hardware-wise the Pixi+ is a candybar and will last longer then the Pre+
    I would go for the Pixi+ if it weren't for the slower processor, lesser ram, etc.
    I am loving the phone, I NEED PALM TO GET ADOBE DISTILLER 4.0 PUT INTO THE PHONE FOR PDF VIEWER ASAP!!! I almost sent it back due to this, hoping they fix it! Other phones open older pdf formats. This one needs to do it also.
    I've had it for 3 weeks and love it. It takes some getting used to in moving from my Treo 680 but that is an application familiarity issue, not hardware. WebOS rocks and with patches you can set up your phone the way you want/need. I really miss DateBk.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    I have had mine since June 2. So far I'm enjoying it. Seems to work well but there are a few things that are deficient from my E72.
    I would like to see a native audible player/audible air application for listening to my audiobooks. Can't see paying 30 bucks for the emulator just to use a free application for this.
    Battery life leaves a lot to be desired. I have purchased two of the touchstone chargers, one for home and one for work. I'm used to charging every night when I go to bed so as long as I can get through the day, I'm satisfied. I will be getting a spare battery and battery charger soon.
    Would like to see a call blocking app for this phone. Kind of a whitelist/blacklist kind of thing so I can block these annoying vendor calls I get occasionally.
    Signal strength could use some improvement. I haven't dropped any calls yet or anything like that and am almost entirely in 3G areas but according to the signal bars, my E72 outperforms the pre with more bars almost everywhere.

Overall though, I really like it and am going to keep it hoping that some of these little niggles will be worked out in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    So that we are clear, when us WinMo users refer to 'dpad' it is not 'dialpad,' but 'directional pad' as it in up-down-left-right directional button. There are times where I just want to advance a line to read something and I prefer not to move my finger to slide it around. On a dpad, you just press down once and it advances down a line or so.
    If ur running pathes already,u should try "Multi Mod". It's a patch that will allow you to navigate through web pages w/ ur keyboard.

If ur not running pathes,ur missing out.
    Last edited by rigatoni1374; 06/13/2010 at 02:28 PM.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567