Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pgood14 View Post
    There is no doubt that webos is top notch, just a bit of a different paradigm.

I would rate the hardware as acceptable. It feels great in the hand and I'm getting used to the keyboard pretty quickly. Build quality seems on par or better than any other slider device.....

I would have to agree, the build quality of the (AT&T)Palm Pre Plus does seem alot more solid than the Sprint Palm Pre that I tried for 30days back in April.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artiztik View Post
    LThe AT&T store I went to was seriously confused.

I was thinking about this

I went to an AT&T Corporate store, and there was a Palm guy there teaching the techs, I chatted with him too.

Are these all Corporate stores you people are going to? Or just AT&T Autherized dealers that can CALL themselves an AT&T store, but are not part of corporate. That would explain not Palm training guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I was thinking about this

I went to an AT&T Corporate store, and there was a Palm guy there teaching the techs, I chatted with him too.

Are these all Corporate stores you people are going to? Or just AT&T Autherized dealers that can CALL themselves an AT&T store, but are not part of corporate. That would explain not Palm training guy.
    How do we notice the difference?
    Just call me Berd.
    Everyone used to a D-Pad: Make sure you familiarize yourselves with moving the cursor in a textfield by holding the orange/shift-key while swiping on the screen - it works great but seems to get very little attention.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I usually asked them lol

Alot of the Authorized dealers have different names not JUST AT&T, but the best way is to just asked them if they are a Corporate store or not, they have to tell you.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Everyone used to a D-Pad: Make sure you familiarize yourselves with moving the cursor in a textfield by holding the orange/shift-key while swiping on the screen - it works great but seems to get very little attention.

I did not know this, Thank you!!

They need to have a FULL tutorial with all these tricks lol
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You can dial from the keyboard if you like buttons. It works if the phone app is running and in focus. Feels just like the old 700wx when you do that. Not that I ever want anything to feel like the 700wx, which is the worst product Palm ever made IMHO.

Two things to remember. terms like cabs/roms/mods are usually "patches" to webOS users. And, of you can imagine an idea or need, there is probably already "a patch for that"...

Quickinstall and Preware are your friends. They provide oh so much value by doing things that you would expect a phone from Palm to do... But once you've customized your phone to be exactly the way you want it, you will be so amazed at how you just cant put it down and you are always showing it to other people.
    You don't need to open the phone app to dial a number. If you're in card view just start typing the # in. Also, to find a contact you don't need to open the contacts app, just start typing their first or last name. You can tap the screen to finish dialing the number or choose the contact. This is part of Universal Search, just start typing search terms (for google), contacts, app names, everything in and the best choice will generally be at the top of the search.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Coming from an iphone i'm loving it so far, just got today. the build quality seems shockingly good, i was expecting it to fall apart on me after seeing all the complaints. When closed there is no give at all and feels like one solid peace, when open there is some slight wiggle but not that big a deal. The phone is fast, much faster than my 3g, but seems on par with my wifes 3gs. The keyboard feels a little small, hopefully i can get used to it. The screen is also a little on the small side, but seems much clearer with richer colors than my iphone. So far, so good.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Agree with lotta posts in here about the bad sales reps across corporate stores.

Loving my Pre+ so far. Fast, and battery life is not as bad as I thought with moderate usage so far. Can't wait for uber kernel and patches to be updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Go to the AT&T website and search for stores near your zip - the results will tell you the type of store.
    Lovin' it. It's quite a step up from my old Treo 650. Build quality is solid, functionality is great, sound, notifications, battery life - all are meeting my expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    You could tell us Sprint (and VZW, etc) people... we won't bite you.

What are your first thoughts about this phone?
    I am so happy with it. It feels solid (was worried about those slider issues), and I like using the touchscreen - just have to remember what gesture does what. What's really got be buzzed right now is that I used Companionlink to sync and it worked - right off the bat! So I have my palm device (from a Centro), all my contacts and calendar, and no cloud! I'm a happy girl!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Firstly, Sunday is a sorry day to get a new phone. There just isn't enough R&R time to play around with it.

My biggest problem is that I just don't feel comfortable with it and feel slow to respond and get it to do what I want it to. I'm sure after a full week I'll cut this "thought" time in half but I was breezing through my BB 9700 so that is fresh on my mind. As for build quality, I'm pretty pleased. After a month we'll see how it is holding up.

Cons so far:
    Battery (although I had to run out yesterday and wasn't able to get a full charge on it until last night) - Slight Lag in Software - New to me and I'm a bit slow to operate the phone

Pros so far:
    Shape of Phone (although slightly slippery) - WebOS - Keyboard (I do wish after a double space it would throw down the period and give me caps) - took some short video yesterday and was quite pleased
    Very excited to pick it up yesterday and was enjoying it when it's working properly, but have run into some issues already I'm hoping to resolve. Things have gotten a little worse today and have already done a full erase and am considering doctoring it..

Apps installed:
    Facebook
    Slacker
    Dr. Podder
    SmartRunner
    Preware

Two google accounts setup.

Issues I've encountered:

1. Random luna restarts -- had this happen 3 or 4 times yesterday. Couple times trying to hit the power button, getting no response, then hitting it again. Also had it happen when I placed it on the touchstone and poof, reset. One more when I closed the slider.

2. Freeze on the touchstone. Left my phone on the touchstone overnight and when I got up this morning, it was frozen at 3:53 AM and had to pull the battery to reset it (now know about the power button + ringer switch combo to reset).

3. Menu button (top left) disappeared at one point and top menu bar was completely unresponsive. At this point as well the top center where the time displays was showing just the date.

Think that's it.. anyone else seen these type of problems?

EDIT - have deleted all downloaded apps at this point and will see how it goes running barebones...
    Last edited by scottymomo; 05/17/2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by treogangsta View Post

Does google maps do navigation? I not paying 10 a month for att nav access that's plain crazy.
    Google maps won't talk you through, but it does give step by step written directions as well as map view with moving blue dot o the map. I'm on sprint and have never used the nav program, find google maps to be better so far.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pgood14 View Post
    I was ready to return it within about 30 minutes since nothing seemed to work like I expected. However it is starting to grow on me pretty quickly. There is no doubt that webos is top notch, just a bit of a different paradigm.
    Palm should certainly include a video that demonstrates the basics of navigating webOS. It is a little bit confusing at first. It is intuitive but intuitiveness is acquired through experience. It's new but once you get the hang of it you'll never look back.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Issues I've encountered...
    What patches have you installed? Are you overclocking it?
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    What patches have you installed? Are you overclocking it?
    None and no.

So far so good over the past few hours, only reinstalled Dr. Podder at this point and only added one of my google accounts.

Edit - have added my second google account and no other apps. Two luna restarts (one while letting a call go through to voicemail, and one while on a call and putting my phone on the touchstone). The second one was funny because the call continued without issue during the restart.

Other than that it has been fine, so wondering if the FB app was my culprit...
    Last edited by scottymomo; 05/17/2010 at 08:13 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerb View Post
    Cons so far:
    Battery (although I had to run out yesterday and wasn't able to get a full charge on it until last night) - Slight Lag in Software - New to me and I'm a bit slow to operate the phone
    Hey battery is going to get better; all LiIo batteries need some sort of break-in but the Pre battery is by far the most susceptible I've ever used. My first full charge gave me all of two hours playtime. These days, a battery charge keeps me up for a day or very nearly as much.

The software lag is a known problem - a heads up for all of you new to webOS: as of this moment, the operating system does not make use of the PowerVR GPU inside your Pre. The word from Palm has been 'soon' up until recently - but they revealed that an update that will enable the graphics chip is in the pipeline and due to be released "before fall".
    We get updates roughly once every month and a half in the Palm world, and it's expected that this update is not going to be the May/June one but rather the July/August one. If you can live with the lag until then, the update - rumored to be 1.5 - will take care of it once and for all and should also, as a nice side effect, give you a nice fat bump in battery life as the GPU is much more efficient at rendering graphics than the processor is.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    1. Random luna restarts -- had this happen 3 or 4 times yesterday. Couple times trying to hit the power button, getting no response, then hitting it again. Also had it happen when I placed it on the touchstone and poof, reset. One more when I closed the slider.
    I've encountered several of those. It tends to happen when I close the slider right after I've done something, like send an SMS and it's still in the process of sending, or other similar things. I don't know if it's Luna, but the screen goes blank and the it seems that the LCD powers off. I have to push and hold the power button for a few seconds and then it looks like it's powering back up from a hard crash
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast