Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know that Pandora has been discussed as a feature on Pre. However, how about radio stations?

Has anyone tried their local radio station online? What about their favorite sports team's streaming play-by-play?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Try RadioTime. It makes finding and streaming local stations easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    Try RadioTime. It makes finding and streaming local stations easy.

X2. I pick up some fairly decent stations through RadioTime. Pandora sounds fine on my phone, but whenever I hook up the phone to a decent sound system with Pandora, you can tell the encoding is a medium/low bitrate. Some of the stations on RadioTime sound GREAAAT.
    I <3 RadioTime.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Yep, RadioTime, for local stations.
    You can use your local radio stations web site, and it will work fine, but like others have said, check out Radio time, it gives you all of your local stations in one easy to use app.
    Another music app that I really like is Slacker radio, check that one out as well.
  7.    #7  
    Let me change gears then. I know that the Pre has a built-in Youtube app, but what about streaming video, like Hulu, or going to the networks' pages and watching last night's episodes?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    Let me change gears then. I know that the Pre has a built-in Youtube app, but what about streaming video, like Hulu, or going to the networks' pages and watching last night's episodes?
    Those all are flash based (Youtube app streams in a different format). Hulu goes the extra step and blocks mobile phones (as seen in Pre flash demos at trade shows). I'd think the individual stations do the same thing.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    I know that Pandora has been discussed as a feature on Pre. However, how about radio stations?

Has anyone tried their local radio station online? What about their favorite sports team's streaming play-by-play?
    With everyone else on RadioTime as a great option. The availability of sports depends on:
    1) the agreement a broadcasting group has with a particular sports team, and
    2) if or not another contract precludes a locally based streaming broadcast. (for example Real has - or at least had - MLB broadcast locked up in most markets. Sometimes there is a loophole for non-local but regional stations (eg, Wichita station allowed to stream a KC Royals game).
    I tried playing a local channel however it tells me that my adobe flash is not up to date
    with a link to ciick to update.

So... I clicked to update and got a message
    "Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is coming to Palm WebOS in the first half of 2010"

Interesting....

So how do you get the channels to play without flash?
    I just downloaded Radio Time to try it out with high hopes after reading these threads. Unfortunately, for the two stations I looked up, they both showed up on the search, but said "Not Supported".
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I just downloaded Radio Time to try it out with high hopes after reading these threads. Unfortunately, for the two stations I looked up, they both showed up on the search, but said "Not Supported".
    If you send an email request to the dev, he might be able to get that done for you.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    What stations?

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Radio time use to find my favorite local station, but no longer finds it. Dont know what happened there...
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    At least there is a great alternative for NPR stations: "Public Radio". Allows streaming of public stations across the country.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    where does one get radio time?
    any chance of adding WWIK 98.9 CHICK FM, and 92.5 THE BOX in Charleston, SC?
    Last edited by swtmelrose; 05/17/2010 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    What stations?

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    106.9 WCCC shows up but is not supported.

104.1 WMRQ as well
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Radio time use to find my favorite local station, but no longer finds it. Dont know what happened there...
    It would be helpful if you either sent an email to our support email or list the station here so I can look into it... I'm not a mind reader.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swtmelrose View Post
    any chance of adding WWIK 98.9 CHICK FM, and 92.5 THE BOX in Charleston, SC?
    I should be able to get WWIK on there. Found a stream for it. 92.5 The Box is already in the database. They only stream in WMV over mms://, neither of which are supported by WebOS so that one is out until Palm implements WMV and mms:// support.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast