Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    Hi I am considering buying the palm pre but I need to know if it is possible to sling with it.
    I know sling media does not make a player for WebOs, even though back when the Pre launched I thought it would, but what i want to know is can you use the Palm Pre to go to sling.com and be able to use the player with it. Anyone know?
  2. #2  
    I just went on the sling.com website and it says that flash player is needed. Clicked on flash it still says webOS is getting flash in the first help of 2010, so if we get flash it will be a yes to your question.
  3. #3  
    Actually... for mobile devices you don't have to use Flash - perfect example is the recent release of the SlingPlayer Mobile for the iPhone.

    What we are actually waiting for is for a WebOS version of the SlingPlayer to be released. Once SlingMedia creates the WebOS version, we'll be good to go!
  4. #4  
    If you have classic, Sling Media has a player that works for "Classic Palm OS". So it should work in the Classic for Palm Pre.

    Sling Media Support - SlingPlayer Mobile

    "Classic for the Pre" is one easy patch away from being free. "I will not tell you how."
    Last edited by demetry14; 05/17/2010 at 03:26 AM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    If you have classic, Sling Media has a player that works for "Classic Palm OS". So it should work in the Classic for Palm Pre.



    "Classic for the Pre" is one easy patch away from being free. "I will not tell you how."
    I have heard different: slingplayer will not work on the palm classic interface.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    If you have classic, Sling Media has a player that works for "Classic Palm OS". So it should work in the Classic for Palm Pre.
    Not even close. Only intermittent sound (without video) and some STB controls are available using Classic on a Pre with a Slingbox.
  7. #7  
    Sling needs to develop this app quick. I had it on my treo and am ****ed that I can't use it on my pre. C'mon sling....
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    If you have classic, Sling Media has a player that works for "Classic Palm OS". So it should work in the Classic for Palm Pre.

    Sling Media Support - SlingPlayer Mobile

    "Classic for the Pre" is one easy patch away from being free. "I will not tell you how."
    Classic may have some issues, but does some great things, and deserves our support, not cracks to make it "free."

    Please edit your post.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  9. #9  
    lol I thought you meant sell drugs with the pre when I read the title.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I just went on the sling.com website and it says that flash player is needed. Clicked on flash it still says webOS is getting flash in the first help of 2010, so if we get flash it will be a yes to your question.

    So if i have webos 1.4 on my Pre can I use the embedded slingplayer on sling.com?
  11. #11  
    Sling Media said their app is waiting on Adobe Flash.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Sling Media said their app is waiting on Adobe Flash.
    Not sure where you heard that, but it certainly cannot be true. Apple doesn't use Flash (won't allow it on their mobile devices), and yet SlingMedia released a player for the iPhone. The mobile app is not dependent on, or waiting for, Flash.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kleefton View Post
    So if i have webos 1.4 on my Pre can I use the embedded slingplayer on sling.com?
    No
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not sure where you heard that, but it certainly cannot be true. Apple doesn't use Flash (won't allow it on their mobile devices), and yet SlingMedia released a player for the iPhone. The mobile app is not dependent on, or waiting for, Flash.
    Here you go.
    http://www.precentral.net/slingplaye...-work-webos-14
  15. #15  
    Kyusaku... I see where you are coming from, but I still stand by what I said.... SlingMedia has already proven that Flash isn't a required component by releasing a iPhone app (non-flash).

    My point wasn't that the app is Flash based, but was making the point that Flash isn't a 'required' component that is holding SlingMedia back from coming out with a WebOS app. I'm saying that they could release an app for us. If they did it for the iPhone, they can do it for WebOS... BUT... perhaps them waiting for Flash instead of porting the iphone app over could be a good indicator that the Flash plug-in is just around the corner and on schedule. (I choose to be optimistic - but not wanting to start a Flash debate here)
  16. #16  
    You would think if they are going to integrate something that is supposed to emulate the previous OS that it would work like the previous OS. I tried Classic with SlingPlayer and was not happy, so I am sorry for the above reply as I said it and then tried it for myself.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    You would think if they are going to integrate something that is supposed to emulate the previous OS that it would work like the previous OS. I tried Classic with SlingPlayer and was not happy, so I am sorry for the above reply as I said it and then tried it for myself.
    Most emulators fall short of the real thing when it comes to performance and compatibility. Hardware compatibility is their real Achilles heal - in this case, the video driver.
  18. #18  
    I received an announcement from Sling concerning SlingPlayer Mobile for Android coming soon! Why not WebOS??

  19. #19  
    why not webOS???
  20. #20  
    Because Android has already gotten a Mobile Flash Beta release, while WebOS does not.

Posting Permissions