1.    #1  
    Just in the past few days my pre has started to slow down, I have been using the uber kernel set to screen state and 250-720mhz. what can cause this?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Just in the past few days my pre has started to slow down, I have been using the uber kernel set to screen state and 250-720mhz. what can cause this?

Quickest fix is to clear your call history. This tends to speed up a device instantly.
    Also try running garbage collection and do a device restart. This may help.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #4  
    yeah I have done that and my MMS. I just did a full erase and webos DR last weekend and now it seems to be getting a bit laggy again. I'm just worried the processor is on its way out from the OC patch.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Also try running garbage collection and do a device restart. This may help.
    How do you do that is it part of jstop?
    How do you do that is it part of jstop?
    I use the Advanced options in launcher patch, but jstop does the same thing.

7.    #7  
    I use the Advanced options in launcher patch, but jstop does the same thing.
    What patch is it? what category is it under and whats the name?
    What patch is it? what category is it under and whats the name?
    Category - App launcher
    Patch - Advanced Options in Launcher

Category - App launcher
    Patch - Advanced Options in Launcher
    love that patch.. I no longer worry about tmc. Run collectors, and its fine. When ever the device slows down I run it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    love that patch.. I no longer worry about tmc. Run collectors, and its fine. When ever the device slows down I run it.
    +1

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Quickest fix is to clear your call history. This tends to speed up a device instantly.
    Umm I dont wanna clear my call history, but does this really speed things up any? If so why? My palm treo was always one of my favorite phones of all times because i could go back months and months to get an old # or track a call w/o having to go hunting for a sprint bill..
  12.    #12  
    worked like a charm, thank you guys for the help. I was going to Dr and full erase you saved me a lot of work. Just one question when you use the garbage dump function what exactly is it doing?
    worked like a charm, thank you guys for the help. I was going to Dr and full erase you saved me a lot of work. Just one question when you use the garbage dump function what exactly is it doing?
    I believe it cleans up after apps are closed to reduce memory leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Umm I dont wanna clear my call history, but does this really speed things up any? If so why? My palm treo was always one of my favorite phones of all times because i could go back months and months to get an old # or track a call w/o having to go hunting for a sprint bill..
    Yes it really does work. Why?...no idea. Just a quirk of WebOS right now. I believe it's an issue in which db files are handled. But yes, clearing the call history (especially if you have a LOT of history) will significantly speed up your phone instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes it really does work. Why?...no idea. Just a quirk of WebOS right now. I believe it's an issue in which db files are handled. But yes, clearing the call history (especially if you have a LOT of history) will significantly speed up your phone instantly.
    Many people will corroborate this, but I still have to say that I've never noticed it. I recently doctored, but before I did it it, I decided to delete my call history (which stretched from February to May) just for giggles and to see whether the rumors are true since I was going to lose the history anyway.

I did not notice any speed benefits whatsoever, neither in general usage nor in the phone app itself. After I doctored, however, my phone ran as smooth at stock speed as it did at 720MHz before. So delete your phone history to try it out, but beware that your mileage - as always - may vary.