1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    Just dropping by to say that the AT&T version successfully unlocks and is able to be used on T-Mobile (edge only of course). I just got done going through the nextgen process and it worked a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by redrox5 View Post
    Hello all,
    Just dropping by to say that the AT&T version successfully unlocks and is able to be used on T-Mobile (edge only of course). I just got done going through the nextgen process and it worked a charm.
    Awesome to hear. Thanks for the clarification. I'm looking to do the same before I decide to make a switch back to AT&T (or if I need to at all.)

How was the purchase process for a no-contract phone?
  3.    #3  
    Purchase was as pleasant as one could have in an AT&T store. Sales rep was a bit clueless about the phone and insisted that if I bought it outright, I would NOT be able to use my current AT&T data plan (iPhone) and that the phone would simply not function. I proceeded to purchase it, swap SIM, show said sales rep that it did indeed work and then went on my way.
    Hello all,
    Why only edge network?? I am thinking of getting it unlocked and use on t-mobile's Even More Plus plan with unlimited data.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylormah View Post
    Why only edge network?? I am thinking of getting it unlocked and use on t-mobile's Even More Plus plan with unlimited data.
    AT&T and T-Mobile use different 3G bands so the hardware/3G radios are different.

Both of them have quadband EDGE, which for AT&T is 850/1900, and for T-Mobile it's 1900. So you can use a T-Mobile phone on EDGE with AT&T and an AT&T phone on EDGE with T-Mobile.

But the 3G bands are different. AT&T uses 850/1900 again for 3G, while T-Mobile uses 2100 for downlink and 1700 for uplink, rendering the two incompatible. Hope it helps.
    Hello all,
    You bought it outright in an AT&T store? Did they give you trouble?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You bought it outright in an AT&T store? Did they give you trouble?
    If they wanna sell phones then they shouldnt give you any issues. Im thinking of doing T-mobile my self! I gotta look at the plans first!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Just want to know... cause the carriers here in Canada will outright reject selling you one. You must have it activated before you're allowed to leave the store, even if you buy it full price.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have tmobile and im wanting to get a palm pre plus. How do you go about activating the phone?
    Does AT&T have the same bands as rogers? Or even bells new network?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Does AT&T have the same bands as rogers? Or even bells new network?
    Yes.

I bought mine on Sunday and called CS on Monday, got my unlocked code while on the phone with them (total 20 secs).
    Hmm... I'm starting to think the regular AT&T code databases might have codes in that case. Then it's 5 bucks vs 35 bucks...

If anyone wants to try these guys sell AT&T codes for 6 Canuck bucks:

http://www.mobileincanada.com/?l=en&u=freebb
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 05/18/2010 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brabusny View Post
    I bought mine on Sunday and called CS on Monday, got my unlocked code while on the phone with them (total 20 secs).
    Pray do tell, what is it you said to them, to get them to give you the 'unlock code'? I plan on asking a friend who is currently in the US to pick up the phone without contract and bring it for me to India. Was just wondering, if he can call AT&T and get them to give the unlock code. Also, what else does he need to do bewfore he gets the phone here. He will be leaving on the 24th to come here.