Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How's it compare with your other phones?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quality is better then my iPhone 3G, but reception is about the same.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  3.    #3  
    For download speeds you can try www.dslreports.com/mspeed
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    so far so good, talked in the car for a little bit on the way home from the store. i don't really hear too much of a difference from an old BB8310. volume on the speakerphone for the BB is definitely way louder tho.
    better than my N1, about the same as my Milestone. I'm pleased with it so far.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Compared to the old Centro, it's miles better in call quality - the volume is actually enough for noisy surroundings.
    Haven't been anywhere to exercise the reception, though it's great in town.
    call quality is good. reception is better than iphones and blackberries that i've had. i haven't seen 3G drop to EDGE yet! *cross fingers*
    haven't made any phone calls yet, but there are more bars than on my iphone 3g, and web pages load faster.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    haven't made any phone calls yet, but there are more bars than on my iphone 3g, and web pages load faster.
    Same exact as this guy, no phone calls get better reception, and websites are def faster.
    Call quality has been great. 3G network has been decent at best...dropped to Edge a couple of times...
    Another irritating thing is that AT&T doesn't let us turn off 3G...this kinda sucks at places where 3G is patchy and and data speed takes a hit. This also ruins my battery life...
    Dropped 2 calls so far while traveling on the highway home. Did not drop any calls during the first night I had it on a 45 minute voice conversation.
    well, made some phone calls today and so far seems pretty good. No dropped calls, earpeice was much loader than my iphone, and it was comftorable against my ear (my biggest gripe of using the iphone as a phone, very uncomftorable against my ear)
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arvindve View Post
    Call quality has been great. 3G network has been decent at best...dropped to Edge a couple of times...
    Another irritating thing is that AT&T doesn't let us turn off 3G...this kinda sucks at places where 3G is patchy and and data speed takes a hit. This also ruins my battery life...
    I'm sure before too long, there will be "a patch for that". I know that the "data-toggle patch" for my Sprint Pre made a huge improvement in battery life for me.
    Way better call quality than any of my previous phones (BB, iPhone and numerous others) Signal is here and there sometimes but definitely better than my iPhone and BB ever had.
    my call reception is great as usual and i believe my 3G signal is better. I stream internet radio at work all day and on the iphone it usually cuts in and out on a certain station, but with the pre i think it buffered only once....needless to say my phone was dead when i got off work.
  16.    #16  
    My priority has always been top notch reception. I would much rather have so-so Pda features than have the best OS with so-so Reception. That had been a gripe for many Treo owners in the years past.

Good to hear such positive comments here and at Att's website.

Thanks for all the replies.
    I have had my Pre Plus from AT&T for about a day and a half. My audio quality seems to be dreadful -- people are complaining that the sound is noisy and fuzzy. Several have asked if I could call back on another line because they couldn't understand me at all. It is intermittent -- there are times and places where people tell me the sound is OK. Since I have browsed the forums and found that this is not a common complaint I'm thinking of taking it back to the store for a replacement. Suggestions welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by pellegrino View Post
    I have had my Pre Plus from AT&T for about a day and a half. My audio quality seems to be dreadful -- people are complaining that the sound is noisy and fuzzy. Several have asked if I could call back on another line because they couldn't understand me at all. It is intermittent -- there are times and places where people tell me the sound is OK. Since I have browsed the forums and found that this is not a common complaint I'm thinking of taking it back to the store for a replacement. Suggestions welcome.
    if its just other people complaining about how they hear you, it may be that the microphone is being covered by your face. the microphone is located on the face of the phone on the bottom left of the gesture area (its a tiny little hole) and sometimes (especially if i'm holding the phone on my left ear with my shoulder) my cheek covers the microphone and the other person hears me all muffled.
    Quote Originally Posted by pellegrino View Post
    Do you use the phone with the slider open or closed? I think the phone works better with the slider open because you tend to pull the mic hole away from your face.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    So far so good - loving my Palm Pre as it has so much more to offer than my 2 yr. old BB BOLD. Call quality is excellent... Reception - well it's ATT so depends where I am.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast