Hi guys, I am new to Webos and about to get the new Palm Pre plus on ATT. But I'm concerning one thing, the IM cost, say Gtalk. If I chat on Gtalk using the messaging app, will it use the messaging quota?

Thanks guys!
    Nah, Palm just consolidates it into the messaging app. Gtalk uses data.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Thanks, So my Gtalk will always be online?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Yes, Google Talk is live as long as you are signed in. It is transparent and the notifications are identical to the SMS type. Just has the Google Talk logo in the message thread.
    Thanks, it's so cool to have Gtalk always online without wasting lots of RAM and it only uses data. I like this.
    AIM and yahoo messaging accounts can co-exist in the messaging app as well....
    windows live too, jabber, etc, and you can use gtalk for facebook chat with the facebook chat spoof or use the facebook chat plugin
    Hey, DAVINCIBZ,
    Do you mean MSN? I did not see this on the offical Pre plus webpage. only Gtalk and AIM.
    While being signed into your IM services won't waste RAM or cost you like text messages, it WILL drain your battery quicker than if you were signed out. In my case, I lose about 6% of my battery in an hour when signed into GTalk but only about 2% when not. YMMV, just try it out yourself The Pre rocks, but its biggest shortcoming is definitely its battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by JunM View Post
    Hey, DAVINCIBZ,
    Do you mean MSN? I did not see this on the offical Pre plus webpage. only Gtalk and AIM.
    It's not built in, you will need to get the install files from the respective thread on the forum. Search "Messaging Plugin"
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Thanks all the posts above.
    you will love the im experience, it's so integrated. You will forget about the difference between texting and iming, hopefully palm will have windows live and some other stuff officially integrated into the system.