Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Not sure where you're seeing more developers willing to develop for Palm simply because HP bought them. Developers - as I understand it. I could be wrong - tend to value great development tools, platform consistency, and a huge user base over whether the parent company has deep pockets or not.

Palm's still catching up in some of these areas. Even with the Hot Apps cash giveaway, I'm not seeing a lot of unique offerings that differentiate the platform.
    You're right. When I develop Applications it has to be relatively hassle free. Apple, you see, needs MacOS in order to develop for it. Most sane people use Windows. Windows Mobile/7 needs Microsoft's tools, aka, Windows. This leaves MacOS users in the dark.

Android is done in Eclipse, which is supported in all major platforms. WebOS is as well.

WebOS even has a Browser based IDE, Project ARES, this is accessible even on ChromeOS. All development is done in JavaScript and CSS. There is no other platform with this feature.
    You still don't see unique offerings that differentiate this platform?

This is something that Android developers must learn from. They learned with ChromeOS, but not their mobile OS.

I can't wait to kick off the dust in my brand new palm pre (once its repaired), and start developing applications. Javascript and CSS? Yes. That's a platform worth developing on and worth investing in.
    Yeah one thing I hated about Apple Development is that I didn't have a Mac so I couldn't code apps.

All other mobile OS I can develop applications.
  3.    #43  
    Hi all,

Please do not forget that ALMOST all apps for the IPHONE & for ANDROID, can be ported to webOS quickly and easily.

In order to get more people to buy Pam/HP phones, if need be, I am sure that Palm/HP will help developers port existing apps to webOS.

After all, Palm helped Game Loft and I doubt they are they only firm, they are working to to port EXISTING apps to webOS. I am sure, that Palm supply their labor for free or a very nominal fee, just to build up apps and therefore get both the platform and the phones moving!

Since Palm/HP announced the purchase of Palm, they have listed many jobs and are actively hiring! I HAVE to think, that at least some of this new staff will be helping in either app creating or porting of existing apps.

Take Care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Please do not forget that ALMOST all apps for the IPHONE & for ANDROID, can be ported to webOS quickly and easily.

In order to get more people to buy Pam/HP phones, if need be, I am sure that Palm/HP will help developers port existing apps to webOS.

After all, Palm helped Game Loft and I doubt they are they only firm, they are working to to port EXISTING apps to webOS. I am sure, that Palm supply their labor for free or a very nominal fee, just to build up apps and therefore get both the platform and the phones moving!

Since Palm/HP announced the purchase of Palm, they have listed many jobs and are actively hiring! I HAVE to think, that at least some of this new staff will be helping in either app creating or porting of existing apps.

Take Care, Jay
    No, not many apps can be easily ported. PDK apps can. Such as games with their own custom interface. Most apps cannot be ported and must be re-written.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    No, not many apps can be easily ported. PDK apps can. Such as games with their own custom interface. Most apps cannot be ported and must be re-written.
    Thank you, I stand corrected. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123