Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Bass is good with Bose in ear buds.
    Pandora sounds almost as good as my Ipod.
    Haha Bose are you serious? No Highs No Lows must be BOSE! Bose blows! If you want real in ear earbuds for the same price try some Ultimate Ears or Future Sonics ATRIO M5. The Atrios have some of the best bass around! Bose is all hype with their marketing but does not actually deliver with their product. Only thing good to come out of any of their headphones are the noise canceling.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Haha Bose are you serious? No Highs No Lows must be BOSE! Bose blows! If you want real in ear earbuds for the same price try some Ultimate Ears or Future Sonics ATRIO M5. The Atrios have some of the best bass around! Bose is all hype with their marketing but does not actually deliver with their product. Only thing good to come out of any of their headphones are the noise canceling.
    dont trash Bose fella the on-ear ones are AWESOME! just playin. seriously i love my bose on ears!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Haha Bose are you serious? No Highs No Lows must be BOSE! Bose blows! If you want real in ear earbuds for the same price try some Ultimate Ears or Future Sonics ATRIO M5. The Atrios have some of the best bass around! Bose is all hype with their marketing but does not actually deliver with their product. Only thing good to come out of any of their headphones are the noise canceling.
    Ah audiophiles... Thousands of dollars and hours of chest beating just tom lay claim to their "better" sounding gadget.

    The real issue here is the Pre's low quality music player.
  4. #24  
    My pre sounds great with the Apple in ear buds. NOT the ones that come with the ipods. The bass is lacking from Pandora playing from my aux input in my car though.
  5. wemetzger's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #25  
    I find turning up the volume to 100% creates a fuzzy sound sometimes. I put it up to full volume minus two bars. That hits the sweet spot for my car or home bose system.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    dont trash Bose fella the on-ear ones are AWESOME! just playin. seriously i love my bose on ears!
    You may think they sound good. But you really don't know until you try other brands in the same price range. Like I said Future Sonics Atrio M5,Ultimate Ears,Shure,Sennheiser,Westone ect.... These all out perform the Bose in the same price range. Did you know those in ear earbuds from Bose have a HIGH failure rate. Like worse than the Pre failure rate. I am a semi audiophile but not to where I listen for hours and buy everything under the sun audiophile. All I can tell you is the public is misled about Bose. There are sooooo many brands that reproduce better sound quality for less $$$. Apple for example. Another brand led by hype. Do you really think the Ipod is the best MP3 player??? Hell no! Try the Cowon S9 or Cowon J3. Best all around media player without the restriction of Gaytunes. Anyways just thought id get that off my chest...
    Last edited by Thrasherx2k1; 05/19/2010 at 05:52 PM.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    dont trash Bose fella the on-ear ones are AWESOME! just playin. seriously i love my bose on ears!
    I misread that you said on ear my bad. But still they are overpriced for what you get. Get some Denon,Sennheiser,Beyerdynamic,Grado,AKG,Ultrasone, hell even Sony. Any of those in the same price range knock the snot out of Bose. For home theatre check out SVSound.com These are speakers made in the USA I believe but we have a pair in the family room that just blow us away! Anyways with how slow the Media Player is on the Pre scrolling through songs its really not worth your time to use it as a MP3 player. Just go buy a cheap Cowon player or used Zune off ebay. Very good sound quality from those players...
    Last edited by Thrasherx2k1; 05/19/2010 at 05:55 PM.
  8. #28  
    The bass response on my Pre is ridiculous for a phone but I'm using Shure e530's so my opinion is probably biased. Lol

    These earphones would probably make an 8-track player sound great.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  9. #29  
    The Pre has as good a sound as any digital player. The difference will be the type of music, the bitrate, and the earbuds/headphones. Yeah, the Shures, Etymotics, etc will give much better sound. However, I would say that many of the top-end earbuds have less bass than the cheap crappy earbuds. They emphasize quality across the whole sound spectrum, instead of loud booming bass and terrible mids and highs. And also, if you are listening to 128 bitrate vs 192-320, that will make a big difference too. I have used many players and Etymotic ER6i earbuds and I am very happy with the Pre sound. Oh, and make sure you use the high quality setting on Pandora.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    The Pre has as good a sound as any digital player. The difference will be the type of music, the bitrate, and the earbuds/headphones. Yeah, the Shures, Etymotics, etc will give much better sound. However, I would say that many of the top-end earbuds have less bass than the cheap crappy earbuds. They emphasize quality across the whole sound spectrum, instead of loud booming bass and terrible mids and highs. And also, if you are listening to 128 bitrate vs 192-320, that will make a big difference too. I have used many players and Etymotic ER6i earbuds and I am very happy with the Pre sound. Oh, and make sure you use the high quality setting on Pandora.
    I use the exact same music files and headset on the Pre, iPod, Droid, and Tour. Of the four, the Pre's sound quality is the worst: weak bass, tinny sounding, and I swear the digital player changes tempo slightly (like an old vinyl record slightly speeding up and slowing down). It's noticeably poorer quality.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions