Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    yeah i want to know if anyone has been doing this for a while and are there any effects with your phone? the reason why im asking is because my battery life is draining at a ridiculous rate with my palm pre plus battery it would go from 55% battery to 20% when i wake up... when the phone was on idle, i got no bluetooth on, no wifi, screen brightness low, email comes in every hour...

the funny part is that i took off my email account from my phone completely and still the battery drains, ill go to school 6 45 am to 1 15 and itll go from 100% to 15% left when i get home..

now im using the centro battery in my phone and it seemed to charge alot quicker it went from 15% to 50% in like 15 mins but then slowed down, the battery life is a little better with this phone but is still draining pretty quick, today it was 100% at 4 45 and now its 64%

any help would be good
    I use a centro battery in my pre and have been since June
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I use a centro battery in my pre and have been since June
    No problem other than the fit isn't always as tight, so ou might have to use some tape to keep it snug. Amazing to me that they didn't put a more powerful battery than the Cntro in, because the Pre is doing way more work than the centro...
    Generally it's not a good idea to use a battery that's not made for the device. If it works for you, great, but it could cause problems later on.

And chances are your school is just out of range of a cell tower. The biggest battery drain is searching for a signal. When I know I'm going into a low range area, I bring the extended 2600 battery. It makes your phone thicker, but it gets you through the day no problem.

You might want to invest in one.

And you also may want to try the CPU scaler. It's supposed to scale down the CPU when you're not using it. Some have reported great battery savings. Some have not. It's worth a try. Your milage may vary.

Battery power for all the next gen smartphones are an issue, but the Pre is particularly power hungry.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I have also been using Centro (& 800w) batteries in my Sprint Pre since June without issue.
    my refurb pre came with a centro battery. One month later, then screen stopped working. Don't know if I can blame it on the battery but I wouldn't recommend anyone use another battery not made specifically for your device.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    yeah in my school service isnt actually bad, and when i go to the gym i have full 5 bars 3g it doesnt drain as quick there but i know there is something wrong with my phone 55% to 20% while sitting on idle with all settings off isnt normal
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    i heard like that the pre shuts on and off like the cpu even when the screen is off or something along the lines like that?
    I'm really tempted to buy a Centro Battery from eBay since they are so cheap. Do you think its worth the risk?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I'm really tempted to buy a Centro Battery from eBay since they are so cheap. Do you think its worth the risk?
    i dont think its any diff from a palm pre battery so go ahead, make sure its brand new and you charge it 8 hours before you use it
    I bought 5 centro ones for 24.99, and bought 2 chargers for 5.50 each.. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I bought 5 centro ones for 24.99, and bought 2 chargers for 5.50 each.. I'll let you know how it goes.
    okay thanks
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    but no one else here has this problem like my battery is at 40% now i dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    You could almost have a battery for every day of the week....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    You could almost have a battery for every day of the week....

To bad a battery doesn't last most users all day LOL. I guess I'm going to take the plung next paycheck.
    Its the same battery. Thats why the Pre uses it. Palm didnt have enough money and had all the Centro batteries lying around. Anyone having battery issues jumping down in percentage, it is because the battery is old and dying.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Its the same battery. Thats why the Pre uses it. Palm didnt have enough money and had all the Centro batteries lying around. Anyone having battery issues jumping down in percentage, it is because the battery is old and dying.
    no i had the same problem with my palm pre battery this is just outrageous my battery was 40% 20 min ago now its 33% with just a few texts
    This is fine if you already have a centro battery (I have a bunch of them, and my centro can serve as my external charger). But, if you are going to BUY a battery, get the 1400mAh third party battery. It's about 30 bucks, and it's got lot's more power (about 20% more...)

WHen the pre is new, you tend to play with it constantly, which really pounds the battery. I recommend the 2600mAh battery so you can get through a 24 hour period... IMHO
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    yeah of course when you get a new phone you tend to play with it more but im not even using it that much, today the phone was 100% at 4 30, listened to music for 30 mins, browsed the internet for 15 mins total and sended text messages, it is now 12 02 and my battery is at 25%... unacceptable and yeah i was looking at the 1400 mAh battery
    Yeah 1150 mAh is not alot for a phone like this. The only way I get by is because I already had three batteries and a spare charger with my Centro. So now I have 4 batteries wth my new Pre. So yup, I did a few battery swaps today.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast