Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Yeah 1150 mAh is not alot for a phone like this. The only way I get by is because I already had three batteries and a spare charger with my Centro. So now I have 4 batteries wth my new Pre. So yup, I did a few battery swaps today.
    dam lol
    Hey but my Centro was pretty bad on batteries too.

And I tried a backflip. You think the Pre is bad? Holy crap. I left home one day and took the Backflip off the charger at 630AM. By 745AM I was at 55%. That was ridiculous. And at the time there were no spare batteries available for it. I am glad I returned it and held out for my first true love, my ATT Pre.
    Hmmm, xenioss it does seem unusual. It really sounds to me like you have a bad battery. If you just bought it, take it right back to the place you got it from and demand a new battery. It's still in warranty and it's your right to get it replaced.

If that doesn't work, I'd say it's the radios working overtime to get a signal and you might want to try the big extended battery.
    thanks, good news
    Dam just when I was thinking about getting a few vs. 1 extended battery. I think it may be a conspiracy to make more money from the sale of extended batteries. (Im a VZW user... )
    You may want to think about getting the 1400 mAh battery

Mugen 1400 Battery

And if you really never want to worry about battery power ever again, get the 3800 mAh. It makes your phone chunky, but you seriously will not worry about power ever again.
    [QUOTE=patchs;2461257]You may want to rethink that.
    [url]

I don't buy it. If Palm did not want us to use Centro / Treo 800 batteries they would not have let them fit. I see no difference in my device on the Centro battery vs the Pre battery.
    I've been using my Centro battery on and off for the last year with my Pre. The last 3 months I've been using the Centro one nonstop. I get the same amount of hours with either battery. I think they just want us to buy the pre battery because it costs more. I wouldn't be surprised to find out its the same battery with a different cover.
    "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue"
    I have little doubt it is the same battery. What else would Palm do with all those spare batteries lying around? If it is the same size, shape, and capacity, what else would be the difference?
    The Discharge rating. That is the only thing I could think of being an issue with the older battery. I'm still going to buy some though.
    pre battery is just as cheap as centro ones on ebay.
    There really is a different discharge rating? I don't even know what a discharge rating is. I thought that 1150 mAh meant that they would discharge at the same rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    You may want to think about getting the 1400 mAh battery

Mugen 1400 Battery

And if you really never want to worry about battery power ever again, get the 3800 mAh. It makes your phone chunky, but you seriously will not worry about power ever again.
    Vociferous, do you actually own these? Are they compatible with inductive charging via the TouchStone? If so, have you experienced any heat-related problems using the TouchStone?
    I have the 1350 and the 2600 mha extended batteries, and there is NO problem with heat. The 2600 is too big for the touchstone, but the 1350 is fine with it.

I'm sure the 1400 is the same. It better be, I've already ordered one. It'll arrive next week.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have been using my two centro batteries for months with no ill effects. try this: leave your centro plugged in and chargeing your second battery.. then b4 school grab the fully charged battery and viola! full charge half way through the day.. and if your like me and your palm centro or pre hardware has failed. youve got a couple of batteries lyin' around.. charge em all you can never have to many spare batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I have the 1350 and the 2600 mha extended batteries, and there is NO problem with heat. The 2600 is too big for the touchstone, but the 1350 is fine with it.

I'm sure the 1400 is the same. It better be, I've already ordered one. It'll arrive next week.
    Please let us know how the 1400 works out for you. TIA
    A coworker just won an ebay auction for 5 OEM Pre batteries, cost him $30, including shipping, I gave him $6 for one.
    I've been using it the last few days and it works the same as the one that came with the phone.
    Why take chances?
    You can find them as cheap as the Centro ones.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast