1.    #1  
    This has been mentioned once or twice in some posts on other threads, however with no definitive answers to it....

When scrolling on the Pre/Pre+ there is lag between sliding your finger and when the content begins to move on the screen. This leads to a bit of a hiccup when scrolling through contacts, applications, webpages, etc.

Someone posted on some thread that there is a "threshold" between when you start scrolling and when it registers on the screen. Also that the threshold was intentional to prevent accidental clicks on the screen on links and such.

My question is, has any developer looked into this? Also, has anyone heard anything about palm "fixing" this to make it more smooth or anything like that at all? I def think this would make the Pre seem more responsive if it didn't have this little delay.

If you also notice this and it bothers you, feel free to send a message to palm about removing this....I have and the more who do it, the more it will help!

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  2.    #2  
    bump
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    WebOS has a 10px tolerance when scrolling through anything. E.G scrubbers, lists, webpages, etc. The only way to solve this would be to lower the tolerance or implement the GPU into the GUI which would solve the hiccup problem. I'm sure Palm knows what they are doing (most of the time at least).

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    7 months and I never noticed it. It is really essential to get a smooth scroll, for me at least. I have a little tremor in my hands. If the screen followed my finger perfectly it would really be jerky. The little delay smooths it all out. I'm sure it would frequently assume I wanted to scroll when I was trying to tap. The tolerance averages out the little bit of shifting that happens when my finger is almost touching. It causes small errors to be ignored.
    It's a compromise for all users. Maybe they could implement certain settings of tolerance in the settings so that user could decide.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I definitely agree that scrolling is not quite as smooth as it is on, say, the iPhone. However, I don't think it's so bad to warrant more attention than some of the other issues that Palm is no doubt working on right now.

But the information about the tolerances is very interesting, so thanks all for that.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    just wanted to note that at 800mhz, this issue is almost nonexistant for me.
    agreed when using either 720 or 800 this is not a problem.
    Palm needs to enable the GPU to render Luna.

I do NOT get why they wouldn't do it? Could someone explain to me why not? What is the disadvantage?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Palm needs to enable the GPU to render Luna.

I do NOT get why they wouldn't do it? Could someone explain to me why not? What is the disadvantage?
    I think it requires either webGL or CSS transforms or some other kind of web app to GPU technology since a lot of Luna is javascript. Not sure about this, though.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer