Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I noticed while playing music in the car via headphone jack that music plays a tad quiet and is very lacking in Bass. Very much an issue for someone who uses their phone as a daily music player. Is there any app or hack that will allow me to EQ or Bass Boost the Pre/Pre Plus?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Have you tried one of these in the car? I mainly listen to music by plugging into the aux input of my car stereo.
    There isn't currently a way to EQ your sound with WebOS. The way the SDK deals with audio doesn't allow it.

I am experimenting with audio using the PDK and an EQ is on the to do list. I plan to add it to my app down the road.

In the meantime, make sure your MP3s are properly encoded at the right levels. One easy way to ensure this would be to run volume leveling on your music files before syncing them to your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    .......... run volume leveling on your music files before syncing them to your phone.
    I dont have my Pre yet, but what is the best way to run volume leveling on music files?? Any software to do it or Pre sync can do it too??
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    There isn't currently a way to EQ your sound with WebOS. The way the SDK deals with audio doesn't allow it.

I am experimenting with audio using the PDK and an EQ is on the to do list. I plan to add it to my app down the road.

In the meantime, make sure your MP3s are properly encoded at the right levels. One easy way to ensure this would be to run volume leveling on your music files before syncing them to your phone.
    I mostly listen to Pandora etc. so theres no decoding I can do. It just sounds flat and with very weak bass compared to other devices I've listened on.

So I guess theres no App to EQ or bass boost. I was thinking maybe someone had figured out a bass boost/eq hack or something then?
    Quote Originally Posted by taylormah View Post
    I dont have my Pre yet, but what is the best way to run volume leveling on music files?? Any software to do it or Pre sync can do it too??
    If you're on Windows, Media Monkey will do it for you. I'm not sure what to recommend on Mac or Linux.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    I mostly listen to Pandora etc. so theres no decoding I can do. It just sounds flat and with very weak bass compared to other devices I've listened on.

So I guess theres no App to EQ or bass boost. I was thinking maybe someone had figured out a bass boost/eq hack or something then?
    There isn't one that I know of.
    I also use my Pre as music player in the car. But would actually say it plays louder and better than my iPod touch.

I only play songs that is legit and bougt digital online so no ****ty pirate songs. Makes a big difference and still thinks I get better bass than my iPod
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvvpc View Post
    I also use my Pre as music player in the car. But would actually say it plays louder and better than my iPod touch.

I only play songs that is legit and bougt digital online so no ****ty pirate songs. Makes a big difference and still thinks I get better bass than my iPod
    I never pirate music either. I tested loading up some music from my cd's and bass and the music sounded alot better. I'm thinking the problem is with the streaming radio Pandora/slacker apps. They sound so good on other phones don't see why the sound quality is so low on the web OS version?
    Quote Originally Posted by jvvpc View Post

When i first started "buying songs" i used itunes, everytime i bought something it was in standard 128 kbps. Not to pleasant by my tastes. I need 320kbps or audio lossless. Needless to say all my ****ty pirate songs sound better than most bought songs

But im not a bum who doesnt support bands i enjoy. Ill go buy the cd if i enjoy their music and rip it myself so it sounds even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    rip it myself so it sounds even better.
    Neat trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    When i first started "buying songs" i used itunes, everytime i bought something it was in standard 128 kbps. Not to pleasant by my tastes. I need 320kbps or audio lossless. Needless to say all my ****ty pirate songs sound better than most bought songs
    Well I use a local danish service where I actually can download in 320
    for Pandora, in preferences you can select a higher sound quality. Maybe you have already done this but thought I would bring attention to it either way.

I definitely look forward to an EQ for the Pre.
    have you enabled high quality audio stream in pandora prefs? Bass may still not be thumping but it sounds better. I bought an ipod touch after my pre and even though its a 64gb with more music I still use my pre to listen to my favorite songs and stream pandora. Sounds better in my honest opinion even after trying all ipod eq settings.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    have you enabled high quality audio stream in pandora prefs? Bass may still not be thumping but it sounds better. I bought an ipod touch after my pre and even though its a 64gb with more music I still use my pre to listen to my favorite songs and stream pandora. Sounds better in my honest opinion even after trying all ipod eq settings.
    Yes I have high quality enabled. The ipod touch must sound alot worse then the iPhone then because Pandora on my iPhone sounds 1000x better then it does on my at&t pre.
    Have you tried turning the bass up on your car's stereo?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Have you tried turning the bass up on your car's stereo?
    Yes it is still absolutely gutless. No punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    Yes it is still absolutely gutless. No punch.
    You are going to have more luck with the EQ on your car before your Pre. Pandora streams nicely encoded files, but if you want perfect quality then you should get a 320 kbps version on your phone.

Sorry to hear the iPhone has better sound quality for Pandora, but I'm usually content with what I have.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.