Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    I installed preware, then did a search for Uber Kernel (with a space & without) but I could not find it anywhere.

Is there something else I have to do?

I did a search for install Uber Kernel, but it was not very helpful.

Thanx in Advance.
    instead of going into available applications, go into list of everything, type uber kernel and it should show up
    remember that you also need to download govnah, find it the sane way. After downloading both, go into govnah, click on the governor second down. Select screenstate and then apply settings.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    instead of going into available applications, go into list of everything, type uber kernel and it should show up
    Weird I did just that.. Will try again.

When I typed Uber all I get is verzaUBERt(rapid Release)

I found Govnah, but not UberKernal
    Last edited by Vkitty; 05/16/2010 at 01:57 PM.
    have you got a pre or pixi?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    have you got a pre or pixi?
    Palm Pre Plus (AT&T)
    ok the feed may be disabled then. Go to the main page in preware, tap the top left corner where there is a little preware button. Select manage feeds in the dropdown box. Scroll to the bottom and make sure the feed webos kernels is switched on. Then back swipe to get to main page and update feeds when it prompts you. Then search in list of everything.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    ok the feed may be disabled then.
    I think I see the problem.. Anyone else updated to 1.4.2?

my webos-kernels feed is

ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/1.4.2

It is switched on though..
    type uberkernel as one word.
    it is compatible with 1.4.2 according to the placeholder

Otherwise you might need to ask the webos internals gang if it is definitely available for at&t.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    type uberkernel as one word.
    it is compatible with 1.4.2 according to the placeholder

Otherwise you might need to ask the webos internals gang if it is definitely available for at&t.
    Nope.. Still no go ::frown::
    Well you can use the govnah to clock up to 600mhz on its own at the moment until its available.
    I recommend posting in the uber kernel thread to ask or emailing them at support@webos-internals.org to ask about it.
    I though that it was 1.4.2 ready but maybe not.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    remember that you also need to download govnah, find it the sane way. After downloading both, go into govnah, click on the governor second down. Select screenstate and then apply settings.
    Thanks! That worked great. I know some items are not on by default, is there any other adjustments that should be made after installing?
    Do you mean adlustments to the govnah app?
    If so, when you select screenstate you might want to change the min freq to 500, this will be more stable.
    also remember that you have to go into govnah and select screenstate every time you restart your device.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Uberkernal is under "available other" category...Govnah is under the apps....download both.
    Well, the problem is likely that Uber Kernel hasn't been tested with 1.4.2 therefore won't be available in the Kernel feed. (Just guessing) Rod likes to be cautious. He will likely want to make sure the code is the same/compatible before making it available.

But, when it is... just as soon as Preware is loaded, from the main preware screen, just type Uber, press enter and everything thing with that in its title will show up and the kernel will be there too. But not until WebOS Internals makes it available for 1.4.2

Then repeat the same for Govnah.