Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know if Quickinstall and Preware work with the new ATT Pre Plus? I just got the ATT version and can't wait to start tweaking the phone the way I have my Spring Pre.
    All you need is the right doctor version, look on webos internals to see if they have uploaded it yet, otherwise go to palm.com and type doctor in the search and the file should be there somewhere.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    There is no ATT version posted on Palm website at this point.
    The ATT webOS doctor is available on the Palm website

You can find it at www.palm.com/rom

It is for weboS version 1.4.2
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    I am guessing the older versions that were available on 1.4.1.1 are not on 1.4.2.

Like uberkernal and a few others.

Is there anyway to get webos internals 1.4.1.1 feed, so I can get uberkernal and others.
    on what basis are you saying it isn't compatible. Did you visit the preware thread to check?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    on what basis are you saying it isn't compatible. Did you visit the preware thread to check?
    Yes, I am on the new Palm Pre Plus (AT&T)

I tried to download Uber-Kernel from Preware, its not there. I wanted to try to get the older version of it.
    I think you should edit your title to say, uber kernel not available for 1.4.2
    Preware is available for AT&T, the only thing that is different is that the kernels have not been released because webos internals probably have not been able to test on 1.4.2 yet.

The kernels will be made available soon, you just have to give people some time because they want to be sure that peoples devices won't start bricking as a result of their work. Give it a few days
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post

Umm I would, but how do I edit the title?
    Click to edit your first post and the title will be there and you can change it.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Okay I must be doing something wrong here. Long time Palm user, finally bought a Pre on AT&T today, psyched!

Anyway, I am trying to install Preware on my girlfriends also new Pre plus and it seems to not want to go. AT&T 1.4.2 OS. I downloaded 3.12 version of QuickInstall, go to the correct Pre feed and download Preware. I then Install it when my Pre plus is in disk mode and it seems to work fine. I then restart the device and nothing is there, no Preware.

Am I making a silly mistake? Thanks!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    Okay I must be doing something wrong here. Long time Palm user, finally bought a Pre on AT&T today, psyched!

Anyway, I am trying to install Preware on my girlfriends also new Pre plus and it seems to not want to go. AT&T 1.4.2 OS. I downloaded 3.12 version of QuickInstall, go to the correct Pre feed and download Preware. I then Install it when my Pre plus is in disk mode and it seems to work fine. I then restart the device and nothing is there, no Preware.

Am I making a silly mistake? Thanks!
    I am totally new to the Pre world also but I've been just skimming things before getting my AT&T Pre+ today. I just installed Preware no problems.

Not sure if you've done this but just gonna put it out there, you said you put your phone in "disk mode", and I'm gonna guess this is "USB Mode". What you really need to do is put it in "Developer Mode", totally different than disk mode.

Again, you might have already read through this but just gonna put it here just in case:

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybananas View Post
    I am totally new to the Pre world also but I've been just skimming things before getting my AT&T Pre+ today. I just installed Preware no problems.

Not sure if you've done this but just gonna put it out there, you said you put your phone in "disk mode", and I'm gonna guess this is "USB Mode". What you really need to do is put it in "Developer Mode", totally different than disk mode.

Again, you might have already read through this but just gonna put it here just in case:

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    Ahhh, thank you. Silly me, I hit USB Mode instead of "Just charge." Been playing with this thing too long I guess. Time to take a break, but that worked. Thanks!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The download link for the WebOS Doctor jar file for the 1.4.2 AT&T Pre appears to be http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/prepl...p101ewwatt.jar. I haven't tried the Preware install yet, but that's the next step once it finishes.
    Now, let's hope that I don't have to use WebOS Doctor in anger on my brand new phone to recover from my Quick Install install attempt - first try starting shortly.

Update: Preware installed, and is now updating feeds. Looks good so far. Won't do kernels, of course, but it's good to have Preware on and running, at least.

Another update: Preware and installs work using that jar.
    Last edited by Blackavar; 05/16/2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Preware is available for AT&T, the only thing that is different is that the kernels have not been released because webos internals probably have not been able to test on 1.4.2 yet.

The kernels will be made available soon, you just have to give people some time because they want to be sure that peoples devices won't start bricking as a result of their work. Give it a few days
    Actually for a webOS 1.4.2 kernel, we really need the kernel source code to be published at opensource.palm.com - we don't know when that will happen.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    It looks like the Att launch is unprecedented, as its the first to launch with an advanced version of webOS. So to Att users I say get to know webOS and soon we'll all be caught up, and you'll be able to enjoy the advantages of homebrew. In the meantime, Welcome to webOS!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Patches should now be available for webOS 1.4.2

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Patches should now be available for webOS 1.4.2

-- Rod
    Lovin my ATT PPP!

So far I have
    1. Preware
    2. Filecoaster
    3, Internalz
    4. 800MHz unizpsycho Custom Kernel
    5. LED Torch
    6. Brightness Unlinked

I cant wait till the 1.4.2 Patches work on Preware to download and install.

Here is what happens when I try to install the Virtual Keyboard

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Lovin my ATT PPP!

So far I have
    1. Preware
    2. Filecoaster
    3, Internalz
    4. 800MHz unizpsycho Custom Kernel
    5. LED Torch
    6. Brightness Unlinked

I cant wait till the 1.4.2 Patches work on Preware to download and install.

Here is what happens when I try to install the Virtual Keyboard

[IMG][/IMG]
    That's a placeholder. As soon as the patch has been updated for 1.4.2 it will show in Preware as an update and then you'll be able to complete the installation.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast