Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    That's a placeholder. As soon as the patch has been updated for 1.4.2 it will show in Preware as an update and then you'll be able to complete the installation.
    Thanks man!

Hey do I have a decent overclock patch? I tried looking for uber kernel and superprekernel. I am new to all of this so I am happy with getting as far as I have so far.

Basically, the phone has nice speed to it, does not get hot like I have seen my friends non overclocked verizon pre get, and the battery life is not noticeably worse, so I was thinking about just sticking with this patch?

I have the unixpsycho custom 800mhz kernel
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Hey do I have a decent overclock patch? I tried looking for uber kernel and superprekernel. I am new to all of this so I am happy with getting as far as I have so far.
    If you have AT&T or version 1.4.2 you need to wait for the Uber-Kernel update
    as its not available for 1.4.2 YET. They are working on it though, so we will not have to wait long.
    Ok thank you. But what is wrong with the kernel I am running now?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Ok thank you. But what is wrong with the kernel I am running now?
    I would recommend reading this thread. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...packaging.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    [QUOTE=vza33;2457522]I would recommend reading this thread. [url]

...OK thank you. That was a nice read. But I am not a developer. Just an end user. I am extremely grateful for the development efforts going into webOS and the current hardware.

Since Uber Kernel is not ready for 1.4.2, I am happy to be using this kernel from unixpsycho, even though I was not able to use Preware to install it. I eagerly await some other polished kernels with more options and support, but as I said, with my device perforning as beautifully ss it is now...i am in no rush.

So what is it you wanted me to get out of that article?
    [QUOTE=vasekvi;2458443]
    I would recommend reading this thread. [url]http://forums.precentral.net/

...OK thank you. That was a nice read. But I am not a developer. Just an end user. I am extremely grateful for the development efforts going into webOS and the current hardware.

Since Uber Kernel is not ready for 1.4.2, I am happy to be using this kernel from unixpsycho, even though I was not able to use Preware to install it. I eagerly await some other polished kernels with more options and support, but as I said, with my device perforning as beautifully ss it is now...i am in no rush.

Depending on exactly which package you installed (you didn't specify that very precisely), you may be running a webOS 1.4.0 kernel on a webOS 1.4.2 device. It may generally work, but as Verizon people with keyboard problems found out, it's never a good idea to do it if you can avoid it (which you can't at the moment, until Palm releases the webOS 1.4.2 kernel source code to http://opensource.palm.com).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    The only thing I've run into so far that won't load is the Virtual Keyboard. No problems with Preware working. It's pretty fantastic!
    Looking forward to enhancing my ATT Pre+ with the updated Uber-kernel
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    how long does palm usually take in releasing the source code for a certain version?

curiosity is all.
    [QUOTE=vasekvi;2458443]
    I would recommend reading this thread. [url]http://forums.precentral.net/

I am also and end user and not a developer. From my understanding however, changing the kernel is not the same as simply adding a patch. My intention was to give you the best information with regard to the care of your device.
    Last edited by vza33; 05/18/2010 at 12:17 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Downloading the WebOSDoctor to the phone now...

OOOOps.... should've downloaded to desktop and need the USB cable. heh... :-D
    Last edited by Dark_Blu; 08/09/2010 at 01:08 PM.
    "And miles to go before I sleep..."
    Guitarist/Composer/Founder- Metal band-"DARK BLU"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12