1.    #1  
    Hi
    I've searched for help and posted replies in other threads, not much help found....

I've contacted sprint, needless to say they werent much help. They do say I am in a great coverage area and they arent having any tower issues.
    This has been going on since I've recently moved down the street about a mile, around 3 weeks ago.

Now both of my pre's constantly drop signal, inside or out side of our home ( goes from full to no bars and but holds usually at around 2-3 bars, if were lucky )
    Either tethering or using the phone web, it usually stays in 1X - and drops to local only constantly when tethering or loses connection all together on MHS

I dont get calls half the time, dropped calls happen sometimes also.

I've updated all the OS, PRL and net work settings.

Can anyone please advise on how or what I can do to fix this please???

TIA!!
    Sounds like you are in a poor signal spot, even if Sprint says different. One thing you can try if you haven't already is set the phones to "Sprint Only."

Open phone app, tap on "Sprint" on upper left corner, select preferences, and under network - voice network settings, choose "Sprint Only."
  3.    #3  
    Thanks - I've already tried that one.... still same things
    Well, if you have Sprint, you can see if you can get one of the Airave devices. I've heard they work pretty well. At one point, Sprint was giving them to people that had signal issues.

Call them and tell them you want someone to check the signal in your area. I had a similar problem years ago and they eventually fixed it but it took them over a year after my first complaint.
    try downloading the roam only patch from webosqi and when you have things like the tethering to do put it in roam only mode and tether away I hope this helps
    you can get the patch from preware also
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the replies -

Sprint already gave me the air rave, but right now it wont work, no internet connection ( due to move )
    so right now tethering is the most important to me....
    I used to get 2.5 mb/s speeds, not more like 20-30kbs - never seen dial up this bad!

Can I get some additional info on this patch you all are referring to?
    Will I get any data roam charges ?
    THANKS again!
    data roams on 1x in most parts of the country... I wouldn't tether on that...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    Can I get some additional info on this patch you all are referring to?
    Will I get any data roam charges ?
    THANKS again!
    I looked in preware and havent seen it - can some please advise?
    I always get dropped calls when I'm in my room and some parts of my house, complained to sprint and they asked if it was an issue that would make me consider switching and since my other family members have perfect at&t coverage I said yes. Sent me the airave, just got it setup today - works great! Got it for about 20 bux and free service for two years. I still only get two bars in my room since the unit's all the way on the other side of the house but it'll do until I get some extra ethernet cable.
  11.    #11  
    Is there any way to keep this piece of **** from going over to 1x to begin with. I've about lost my patience with this phone and sprint - it's beginning to drop signals every where ( as far as voice service goes )
    Have this issue all the time, Sprint CS is a pos and won't even offer me the Airave because I'm a new customer with a spending limit or some other BS. Supposed to come off next March and I am totally threatening to cancel my contract when it does.
  13.    #13  
    No doubt, their customer service blows - big time.
    They issues me credit for my problems, but couldnt / didnt do much to solve the problem...

And now my pre is giving me issue when coming from stand by - slide it open and its apparently powered it self off. I had to power it back on 3 times yesterday.

As much as I wanted a pre - I am beginning to wonder if it was even worth it, with all the issues Ive had with them! ( mostly the slowness of loading things is my biggest issue )
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    No doubt, their customer service blows - big time.
    They issues me credit for my problems, but couldnt / didnt do much to solve the problem...

And now my pre is giving me issue when coming from stand by - slide it open and its apparently powered it self off. I had to power it back on 3 times yesterday.

As much as I wanted a pre - I am beginning to wonder if it was even worth it, with all the issues Ive had with them! ( mostly the slowness of loading things is my biggest issue )
    I feel for you--these are annoying issues. What good is a phone if it can't get a good connection? If you persist with Sprint customer service, you may eventually get some results. I had a weird signal like you back in 2007 where I worked. I continued to talk to Sprint about it, and eventually I brought another Sprint phone to the same area and proved that it was the network and not my phone, since both phone exhibited the dropped signal issue. If you persist, they'll hook you up with the right people and at least the complaint can be lodged with their network support folks. And if you threaten to leave over it, they should hook you up with retentions, who can get you an airave.

The slider issue is also annoying. It happens to my wife's Pre more than mine, but it has occasionally happened to mine. I think it's a bug, and I hope Palm is working on it.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/25/2010 at 07:52 AM.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Try going into your phone preferences and updating both your network settings and your PRL. I had a slightly similar problem when I first got my phone and that solved it for me. I do still get situations where it randomly jumps to 1X from EV. You can usually fix it by turning data off and then back on again. Usually jumps back to EV. It is a pain, but it's worth it to me. I can stand it until the next Palm phone (hopefully!) comes out soon.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html