1.    #1  
    Is there one? Having trouble with web servers, wondering if there's an easy simple way to access all my shared files from my network using my palm and if there is, when I'm at a friends house logged onto there network can I then access their shared files?
    Well you say ALL your files, not sure what the total storage is on that, but a few options.

Zumo Drive lets you create a sorta virtual drive, that you can access from your Pre, its free for up to 2 gigs, There is a Zumo App in the Palm App Catalog that you can use.

Next, not sure how you want to share these files? Do you just want to be able to see them, or actually edit them. IF you just want to say "view" your entire system from the pre, you can get Classic, and ezRemote , which would let you log in to your desktop from the pre. You would have FULL access to your entire system, tho editing, etc would be kind of hard, on the teeny screen.

Im sure there are other options as well.. but those are the 2 that come to mind quickly.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

nothing at the moment. You can run a web server on your network to access from your phone, and you can run a web server on your phone which might give access to some things.

there is also an app that does wirelss music sync.might e able to use it to sync by pointing it to files as if they are music.

also, yahoow has a 'briefcase' feature. If I had to do it, i'd try yousendit.com or just email to myself...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    neat stuff
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the feedback.

Not bothered about editing stuff, but it would be nice to be able to see the music/videos I share via my network and be able to grab stuff from it to put on my pre without having to plug it into the computer and put it in usb mode, I think classic and ezremote are almost what I'm looking for.

Really it's just a way to access my music/video etc (withut needing to set up a web server cos I have so far failed in all my attempt to understand what the hell I'm doing there) and copy files/folders straight from it into my pre ready to be played, I mean the folders are open and shared for all who can access my network already. I suppose it would work like my network places does in windows. If ya'll get me.

thanks again fot the feedback.
    Umm ok , if you are talking media, Classic/ezRemote wont do it for you. That is only a way to remotely see your home computer and see files. I dont think it would actually play a media file, I would have to try that. Also, I do know, it wont let you copy files from the remote session to your Pre.

Zumo or Brightharbor may me something for you to explore.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by psych0666l0st View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

Not bothered about editing stuff, but it would be nice to be able to see the music/videos I share via my network and be able to grab stuff from it to put on my pre without having to plug it into the computer and put it in usb mode, I think classic and ezremote are almost what I'm looking for.

Really it's just a way to access my music/video etc (withut needing to set up a web server cos I have so far failed in all my attempt to understand what the hell I'm doing there) and copy files/folders straight from it into my pre ready to be played, I mean the folders are open and shared for all who can access my network already. I suppose it would work like my network places does in windows. If ya'll get me.

thanks again fot the feedback.
    I use ampache mobile/ ampache pre to access my music and video from my home computer and free up valuable space on my Pre.
  8.    #8  
    I was gonna use ampache but you need to set up an ampache web server for it to work, the set up for it went right over my head, xmbc was another way i tried looked like it would be easier to set up, I went through everything and still no luck, I'm gettin a bit frustrated lol.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Try Orb. it should be easier to setup
  10.    #10  
    Thanks kalex orb looks like it might be the way to go, I'll give it a go and see if that sorts it

edit: orb seems to be working think I just need to get something to allow streaming in the music player/video player, works for pictures fine. Thanks guys much appreciated

edit2: OK think I'm gonna have to give up on this, orb crashes while it's updating the media list and I can ony access a few pictures, and nothing else. can't download anyhting to my phone it just keeps saying file format not supported, which I really don't understand especially for jpg. I wold have thought that the streaming file format sdp would have just worked. BAH!!! lol
    Last edited by psych0666l0st; 05/16/2010 at 07:40 PM.
    another option is to use classic and resco explorer. resco will access files over wifi on a network. i just use it to move files without having to start usb mode. i don't think it will support streaming, though. just another option.