Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    So I thought I had to return my Pre (cracked screen) but nobody is owning up to the manufacturing problem. --Anyway, I had wiped my phone and then doctored my phone in hopes of erasing all patches.

After I did this, I no longer have sound coming from the headset. What could be the issue? Don't even bother mentioning the headphone-jam, because that isn't the problem.
    Yes, sound comes from the speaker-phone.
    No, I didn't remove each individual patch, I couldn't find out if I needed to or not. I come from WinMo, so I figured a Doctor would be the equivalent to a Hard-Reset.

Ive also noticed that things like, the amount of pages that I modified through a patch are still active... Are my patches still not removed?
    Last edited by acidhax; 05/16/2010 at 10:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    please help.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    it seems that you didn't completely finish. backup your usb partition, do full erase then doctor it to the latest version.
    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    So I thought I had to return my Pre (cracked screen) but nobody is owning up to the manufacturing problem. --Anyway, I had wiped my phone and then doctored my phone in hopes of erasing all patches.

After I did this, I no longer have sound coming from the headset. What could be the issue? Don't even bother mentioning the headphone-jam, because that isn't the problem.
    Yes, sound comes from the speaker-phone.
    No, I didn't remove each individual patch, I couldn't find out if I needed to or not. I come from WinMo, so I figured a Doctor would be the equivalent to a Hard-Reset.

Ive also noticed that things like, the amount of pages that I modified through a patch are still active... Are my patches still not removed?
    Pages will still all be there. The only thing the patch does is allow you to add and remove pages. The number of pages is stored on your palm profile.

Since you have doctored your phone, it sounds like you might have a hardware problem. To check to see if it is hardware, go under device info, select more info, and click on the preferences menu in the top left. Inside of the menu click on interactive tests and run through those tests. This should allow you to see if it is a hardware problem.

Also, I don't know how you are exactly sure it is not stuck in headset mode but follow the directions in the following post to help troubleshoot that issue. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html
    had the EXACT same problem. (including having a crack by the USB door) I had to go to a couple of different Sprint Stores. The first one wouldn't do a thing, said "take it to insurance." The second one, however, took it no questions asked and said "looks like a blown speaker." He replaced it without charging me a penny for insurance deductible.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Yeah, my Bell rep was like "If they see that it's not a manufacturers issue, than you will be charged atleast $300 for repair fees". They don't offer any way to review it before charging you. So, I purchased a new LCD Screen + Digitizer so i could repair it myself.

I hate how nobody owns up to things like this.
    Mine went beserk all of a sudden last week, lost all ability to answer/make calls, finally figured out speakerphone did work. It was also freezing up, so doctored, didn't fix mic problem. Passed tests. Then read the above link on ways to fix stuck in headset mode.

Tried inserting headphones, music player, removing battery while on rather than shut down, then thought with nothing else to lose, try the qtip trick with alcohol.

Works great, no need to argue with Service Center, its fine. Give all of those a try, great advise.