1.    #1  
    So I took this idea from Bluenote's "Official: Rate your Verizon Store" thread in the CDMA Pre forum.

Now that the Pre Plus is available on AT&T I wanted to create this thread to see how well AT&T stores are doing in terms of displaying the webOS devices and marketing them to customers. This thread is meant to capture a snapshot of how AT&T stores are selling the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus. This thread is not meant to bash stores or employees but to provide specifics so as to be of maximum help.

I've created a simple 3 part format. Sticking to the format will increase the odds of your rating being the most helpful, there is also a place for comments at the bottom. Please create a separate post for each store. Please also include the address of the store.

I. Address of the store and store type (i.e. Corporate or Authorized Retailer)

II. Rate the store on three areas from 1-5: (1 is poor, 3 is averge, 5 is excellent)

A. Display (i.e. is it easily accessible and nicely done compared to the other smartphones)?

B. Salesperson knowledge of the Pre Plus/Pixi Plus (i.e. does he/she know the basics of messaging, phone, email, multitasking).

C. Sales effort (i.e. does the salesperson appear enthusiastic when talking to customers about Palm, does she/he seem to "like" the phone?)

III. Comments (i.e. any addition info that you'd like to add about your visit)

EXAMPLE:

I. Address: XYZ Street, Madison, WI - Corporate Store

II. Rate the store on three areas from 1-5:
    A. Display: 5
    B. Knowledge:3
    C Effort: 1

comments: a young mom and husband fingered the curve and then the mom saw the Palm, exclaimed "palm" and her eyes lit up (I showed her the phone). When the AT&T salesperson came over, the sales person led her to the Pantech and was very animated. Finally, they walked over the Curve. The salesperson never went to the Palm display at all. [End of Example]
    Last edited by playboy; 05/16/2010 at 07:06 PM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    It's actually pretty sad. I went to two local corporate stores an hour or so ago and both had Pre's up but the experience was dreadful.
    -Both reps I talked to suggested the iPhone and said nothing about the Pre which is brand new of course.
    -Both stores' units weren't even plugged in, much less turned on, much less activated! I tried to turn on the power for each unit but only 1 actually booted up. Once that one came up, they hadn't even set up the profile and told me that I'd have to come back later so they could figure out how to set it up! Ridiculous...
    -Needless to say, I was the first person to touch the Pre at my store but never actually got to play with one. I have a feeling AT&T reps are more focused on the iPhone than Verizon reps are focused on the Droid.

This is NOT a good thing.
    Great idea for a thread.
    can you add a poll at the top?
    I. 3006 HWY 30 W Suite B Huntsville, TX Corp. Store
    II.
    A.1 - Didn't see one
    B.4
    C.4

Comment-I got a good deal, though the staff were interested they didn't seem to be going out of their way.
    Last edited by Treiz; 05/16/2010 at 04:37 PM.
  6.    #6  
    I. Address of the store and store type (i.e. Corporate or Authorized Retailer)

6001 Argyle Forest, Jacksonville, FL - Corp Store

II. Rate the store on three areas from 1-5: (1 is poor, 3 is averge, 5 is excellent)

A. Display - 3.5; The store had 3 Pre+s on display with two near the back and one kind of near the front of the store. Only one was working but it couldn't connect to the internet and it was in the back of the store.

B. Salesperson knowledge of the Pre Plus/Pixi Plus - 3; The sales staff was somewhat knowledgeable. The sales clerk mentioned they had computer training but they hadn't trained on the actual devices. She said that they won't train on the actual devices until next week. She really didn't go over the features of the phone. She activated it and that was all.

C. Sales effort - 2; The person that helped me was helpful. She said that it was pretty a cool device and that she liked it.

III. Comments

I had bought the last one but the other sales rep mentioned that he had sold two of prior to me. They were all out of the 'free' touchstones so they're mailing mine to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    can you add a poll at the top?
    What choices would you like in the poll?
    thanks for repeating this for AT&T. If you don't mind, could you please take out the Broadway store from your example? It was a little confusing to me as I thought you actually went to that store and checked out the AT&T phon (and I originally wrote it abt Verizon). Or did you and I misunderstood?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    thanks for repeating this for AT&T. If you don't mind, could you please take out the Broadway store from your example? It was a little confusing to me as I thought you actually went to that store and checked out the AT&T phon (and I originally wrote it abt Verizon). Or did you and I misunderstood?
    Its out. I added a generic street.