Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I checked the ATT website last night, under features it said "voice-guided GPS". So I posted it last night and everyone yawned at me.

I just called AT&T, and the rep told me that AT&T Navigator is indeed FREE with a two year contract on the Palm Pre Plus.

Can anyone else check on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by universal smartphone View Post
    When I checked the ATT website last night, under features it said "voice-guided GPS". So I posted it last night and everyone yawned at me.

I just called AT&T, and the rep told me that AT&T Navigator is indeed FREE with a two year contract on the Palm Pre Plus.

Whattttt? This can't be true. If it is, o man.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Sprint Navigation is free also, what's the big deal?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I wonder if this is at&t's answer to verizon's free hot spot?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Verizon isn't.
    Wow, that is a great deal! Aside from plan pricing, the free navigation is one of the things that pushed me to drop AT&T and move to sprint for the Pre.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Verizon isn't.
    I was aware of that, and theirs doesn't ever work properly from what I hear.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    It would be the only phone that i am aware of for ATT that has free Navigation. That makes the Iphone of what ever flavor an additional $120 a year for the same features..... That's a nice selling point...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    ^ Most were expecting Att to charge for this.
    That's why it's exciting news.
    Is the Navigator free only if you buy the phone with a two year contract, or is it also free if you buy the phone outright?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    It would be the only phone that i am aware of for ATT that has free Navigation. That makes the Iphone of what ever flavor an additional $120 a year for the same features......
    Was not aware of that, thanks!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Thank You!
    I don't know about T&T's deal - but so many pople fall for the legal, but unethical 'Free' word when what ever is 'Free' actaully cost $$$.
    Now if they used the term 'Included' it would pass my Ethics Meter!

Quote Originally Posted by KoNeko View Post
    Is the Navigator free only if you buy the phone with a two year contract, or is it also free if you buy the phone outright?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    ^ Most were expecting Att to charge for this.
    That's why it's exciting news.
    This.

Sure it's not just the trial period?
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Is the app preloaded on the phone? I picked mine up about an hour ago, but I am charging the battery and haven't turned it on yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by universal smartphone View Post

I believe it only comes with a free trial period (it's like 30 days..maybe 60 can't remember exactly) after that you will have to pay the monthly fee for the service.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    How does ATT Nav service differ from what is already included on the iPhone out of the box. I am with ATT and haven't heard (or paid attention?) to this service.

Does it use maps with voice prompts, vs just the turn-by-turn maps?

I have never felt like I needed an additional navigation service but maybe I am just not paying attention!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    We probably shouldn't get all giddy about this until we get more confirmation from users of ATT's Pre Plus.
    Yeah, it's prolly just a trial period.
    just bought mine it's only a trial. it isn't free. I think it's like a 30 or 60 day trial though. i declined cuz i'm not paying a monthly fee for nav access
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast