1.    #1  
    Hiya peeps,
    long time lurker, seldom time poster and yes, heavy search user (which may explain point two).

However I have not found a solution on the forums to the problem, which started to occur yesterday night: around 9pm I noticed my pre getting hot in my back pocket. I took it out and it didn't respond to anything: sliding up, power button, so I did a battery pull.
    Since I was busy at the time, I just let it sit there, battery out, until today.

I get no reaction out of my pre whatsoever. It does not react to the power button, the slider, putting it into the wall charger does no difference, neither does plugging it in via USB. After leaving it in the charger for about an hour, I wanted to resolve to the last option: recovery mode (Volume Rocker up + power button). But, not even that tickled the its funny bone.

I'm acquainting myself with the thought, that I will need to get a replacement, but I really would like to doctor the bugger first, though. Get rid of the patches, OC-Kernel and my private data (if anything, at least the private data).

Is there something, that I missed? Something obvious? Something where you should shout "Use the search"?

I just don't want to have a hard time on getting a replacement, when I still have 18 months left on paying the rates for it.

Appendix: Ok, somehow I got it started at the moment by removing the battery cover, pushing down on the battery, pushing down on volume up, pushing down on the powerbutton, and movin the ringer switch. Backing up my profile, Saveresotre, etc ATM. However with my luck it'll be bound to happen again soon. So still, if anybody can diagnose anything out of this and help me, it would be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by THL; 05/16/2010 at 05:50 AM.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    did you have the battery out when you tried to put it in recovery mode? What you should do is take the battery out, hold up on the volume rocker, plug it into the usb port, then bam you got your phone into recovery mode where you can doctor. After you doctor, you can still access the contents of the usb drive as the newest doctor doesn't wipe the usb drive clean.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I had a similar event occur on about 2 or 3 occasions. it always responded to a battery pull, then re-charge.

In a similar vein, is there a thread that details all of the possible recovery methods? I can't remember all of the possible steps that have been mentioned.
  4.    #4  
    I got all my recover info from How To Recover - WebOS Internals as well as Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals. However I do recall there has been one with the ringer switch being turned on and off several times.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    the ringer switch thing (power button+flicking the switch 3 times) is only to reboot your phone not to recover.
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    I got all my recover info from How To Recover - WebOS Internals as well as Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals. However I do recall there has been one with the ringer switch being turned on and off several times.
    This Emergency BootLoader procedure looks a little intimidating. However, my Pre is not responding and I'd like to try it. In spite of sounding stupid, I'll ask if there's a cheat sheet on how to go through this Emergency BootLoader process?

Thanks all!