1.    #1  
    I'm always curious if I use my phone differently than others. Yesterday after I got off work I was watching the scores with Baseball Live and I realized that after a full day of use I had around 15 cards opened that I had used throughout the day and forgot about. I don't get much time to use my phone at work, so I open something, abandon it, come back to it when I get a chance and then start something else if I need to. So at the end of the day, I have ~15 cards opened from my daily use.

Do you use your Pre the same way? Or do you close your cards when you put down your phone? I think it's psychological to forget about things and come back to them later, so I think Palm really nailed multitasking down with webOS.

And one last question: Do you forget you have cards opened? I find myself opening the launcher a lot and trying to open an app that webOS will jet to and pop it into card view.
    I actually fanatically close cards when I'm done, sometimes before I meant to, I don't know why. I do however multitask alot so I love card view I really don't know if I could switch to new os now
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I tend to be kind of tidy about open cards. Just like open programs on windows, and open tabs on browsers. It's a habit learned over many years. I see the Pre as a mini computer and use it as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    I'm always curious if I use my phone differently than others. Yesterday after I got off work I was watching the scores with Baseball Live and I realized that after a full day of use I had around 15 cards opened that I had used throughout the day and forgot about. I don't get much time to use my phone at work, so I open something, abandon it, come back to it when I get a chance and then start something else if I need to. So at the end of the day, I have ~15 cards opened from my daily use.

Do you use your Pre the same way? Or do you close your cards when you put down your phone? I think it's psychological to forget about things and come back to them later, so I think Palm really nailed multitasking down with webOS.

And one last question: Do you forget you have cards opened? I find myself opening the launcher a lot and trying to open an app that webOS will jet to and pop it into card view.
    I'm assuming u've tweaked and patched your phone, correct?
    I'm also pretty ocd when it comes to leaving cards open. I am the same way with my computer, I just don't like leaving windows open if I don't need to. I will however, leave a card or two open when I am doing something and need to put my phone away quickly and don't have time to finish what I'm doing. And as jamac said, I sometimes close out of cards before I actually mean to, usually with email or texting.
    I try to keep as few cards open as possible, but I'm on an unpatched Sprint Pre so I usually get the "too many cards" error pretty quick if I have more than 2 or 3 active cards open at one time (of course, depending on what those cards are).
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
  7.    #7  
    I only tweaked my phone moderately. The following patches are what I use:
    -Data in device menu
    -Battery % in top corner (I prefer white)
    -Launcher opacity change (It looks WAYYY better IMHO)
    -I use CPUScalerUltimate

I can't remember what all else I use, but it's not anything too crazy other than CPU Scaler. I really don't even need it at all, and I don't see any battery difference in it lately.
    I work in theater (mainly backstage) and i mainly use my Pre to keep in contact with the booth over sms, as a flashlight, to google obscure things (like what kind of windows a 57 bel air has and how to operate them). I some time get asked multiple questions so I may have up to 5 browser windows and messaging and the memos app. I also tend to leave engadget and news reader open a lot, I like to read tech stories during Intermission. I forget I may have stuff open in the rush to move things off and on stage and I end up with a ton of open cards. Then I get a text and I notice I have 15 cards open.

At school I use it as a music player, text (of course), and as a Calculator seeing as webOS has some great calc apps.