1.    #1  
    I fixed mine by placing two strips of electrical tape on the back of the top half. If you open the phone and look at the there is a small gap between the mirror and the front half that you can catch your finger on its on both sides and is level with the sprint on the mirror, I used one 1/32" piece of tape on both sides. works great and you can't tell it there. I'll try to take a pic when I have time.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    I'm interested in the long term durability. Also, if the pre gets hot enough the tape can start melting.
  3.    #3  
    the electrical tape is made to be durable, and if it gets hot up on the top you've got a lot more problems than a lose phone.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Just a note: Electrical tape tends to leave a pretty sticky (almost slimey) residue when removed. It gets worse if it gets hot at all. So I'm glad this works but beware if you try to replace it (that residue will be hard to get rid of)

- Phil -
    So you have tape over the mirror? Wouldn't that look tacky?
    not if you're crafty. vinyl tapes of other sorts may yield better results
    Phones -> Motorola i60c, i80, i215, i730, i880(maroon), Samsung Instinct(SPH-M800), Palm Pre

Palm Devices ->3com Palm III, Palm m100, m130, m500, Zire 71, PalmOne Zire 72, LifeDrive, Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    no its on the black next to the mirror. Well you can use anything you want, it's a tiny piece so it shouldn't leave much sticky. And a really good way to remove the residue is just use a piece of fresh tape and stick it on and pull it off. It's been working great for me for a few months now, so take it for what it's worth.
    Last edited by rem_kujawa; 05/15/2010 at 11:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    no its on the black next to the mirror.
    Can you post a pic of the results and where you put the tape? Alot of us are visual ::smile::
    Don't get me wrong...i love me pre(webos). But if I have to put some tape on my phone to fix some hardware issue. Something is wrong. I just hope Palm has leard there lesson. You got some $$$. Do something w/ it. This aint the frickn ghetto.

no offence to anyone especially REM.
    Last edited by rigatoni1374; 05/16/2010 at 05:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigatoni1374 View Post
    Don't get me wrong...i love me pre(webos). But if I have to put some tape on my phone to fix some hardware issue. Something is wrong. I just hope Palm has leard there lesson. You got some $$$. Do something w/ it. This aint the frickn ghetto.

no offence to anyone especially REM.
    Every phone has their problem. Truthfully, this solution is only for those people who are OCD about having a tight slider.

I wouldn't recommend electrical tape for this kind of thing exactly because of the sticky residue that a previous poster mentioned. My phone heats up to 100 plus quite a bit since I work outside and I'm sure that is capable enough to melt the tape. I look forward to some pictures.